Nintendo Revolution's Official Name

LOL, I can not believe that they are calling that thing "wii" !
I hope they fire the guys that approved that name!

Nintendo has been out of touch with what american gamers want for years, it really shouldn't shock anyone that they pick a name specifically aimed at the japanese market. At least the logo should look pretty snazzy compared to revolution...

Sony and Microsoft must be popping champaign bottles now...'The fans are in an outrage, and over a NAME! AHAHAH!' ;)

Yes that is a stupid name but I could care less about the name I'm still going to buy one, and I doubt that will stop others from buying it also.

It makes sense that they'd pick an unusual name since they're going for a different approach with the console. At least they have the guts to go beyond tacking a number at the end of the console name:rolleyes: .

Last edited:
But how many consoles can nintendo release when they're just doing the same thing over and over. You telling me they couldn't make the revolution controller work on gamecube? Nintendo isn't pushing graphics, so I don't know why they're even releasing a new system right now. They can just release more of the same sequels for gamecube and be fine.

It's like they keep making consoles until the higher ups retire and then they can do the right thing and get out of the hardware market. Only problem is nobody is budging at the top...

"Hey Bob, wanna come over and play with my Wii??"

Yea, right.

Nice job Nintendo, you took and kiddy console in the GameCube and just made it look manly.

Purogamer said:
But how many consoles can nintendo release when they're just doing the same thing over and over.

Uh..Isn't that what Sony & MS is doing. Same thing just faster than last time.

It may be a complete disaster, but Nintendo is doing something completely different this go-around.

The Wii isn't all that powerful.

Nintendo has it's market, and that is handhelds.

They need to go and become a third party developer and make more money that way.

Could you see Zelda or Mario sales on the PS3 or 360??

They'd be insane.

Nintendo still king.

Everyone needs to remember 20 years ago Sony was trying to make Beta the new thing in video and microsoft wasn't doing so well. What was Nintendo Doing? Making Video Games! Point Blank, Nintendo has made it's money in the video game world and a gamer like me wants inventive things. I could care less that my game plays in HD and takes 22 minutes to start. Nintendo knows what they are doing always have and always will. 20 years from now Sony will be onto the next thing and Microsoft will be fixing Windows and Nintendo will be making Video Games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)