Nintendo Revolution's Official Name

I like the older games myself, I'm not a real fan of the newer games and graphics. I remember when Zelda first came out on the N64 with the 3D graphics, I couldn't stand it.

I'm certainly not saying nintendo should stop making videogames. What I'm saying is they have NO purpose to keep making new hardware when they flat out tell you there games are not on the graphical cutting edge in any way. Do you need more graphics to play the next mario/zelda game? No, but you'll have to buy Wii to play them anyways.

The point was made that if zelda was on ps3, it would sell at least 3x as many copies than keeping it on Wii. The old guys at nintendo just can't get past the idea that you have to have a nintendo system to play a nintendo game. That's 1985 thinking in a 2006 world. If nintendo was #1, fine, but they're #3 and quite a bit behind microsoft at this point in terms of consoles installed in the home (worldwide, obviously MS has america and NIN has japan). It's almost discrimination that I have to buy a gamecube to play these games.

We're not talking about Jet Li's Rise to Honor (good game though...), we're talking about zelda and mario...

Nintendo is like an old guy they are going to do whatever they want. I am a Nintendo Fanboy and just can't get over what games are doing these days, but Nintendo is comming up with things that are important to me. Load Speed, Easeability of Controlls and Innovative things.

Yes, but nintendo's portable market is the driving force behind that, not their console market. They don't lose money on consoles, but they limit their console software sales by millions on titles such as zelda and mario.

Nintendo could make the same load times if they put mario and zelda on other platforms. Nintendo's hardware isn't exactly cutting edge, they just know how to use it. They could do that with other hardware. Like how some sony developers really know how to use that PS hardware much better than others, nintendo could do that...

I'd love to play a mario game again but I don't know how it's going to happen if nintendo continues to keep it on their consoles since I don't buy them.

Well, the Nintendo is normally aimed at the tweener market......

Wie wee poo poo caca....

God, they really need to do a 180 and punt that stinker, pardon the pun, of a name....