No 44 switches?

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I've had my hd install for a 622 delayed 3 times! Is there a shortage of those 44 switches? It's starting to get rediculous!

Where do I call to reschedule? the number that the rep left is no good, she must have gotten one number wrong or something....does anyone know what number I could call?

I had my 622 installed but still dont have 61.5 a week later. 2 additional techs have came out from 1.5 hours away and have not brought a dp44. I'm starting to get frustrated. 2 days off work and no love.

like i said before

call local office day before schedule appointment to let them know that you need DPP44, if they don't have DPP 44s they can reschedule with out you missing day of work.
the tech have no way of knowing of what you need for equipment, because the jobs are mass printed and dispatch doesn't check all notes individually for every job. but if you call ahead dispatch can put proper notes on work order

volkodav said:
like i said before

call local office day before schedule appointment to let them know that you need DPP44, if they don't have DPP 44s they can reschedule with out you missing day of work.
the tech have no way of knowing of what you need for equipment, because the jobs are mass printed and dispatch doesn't check all notes individually for every job. but if you call ahead dispatch can put proper notes on work order
I have done so both days this week. They do not want to install a dp44 and I do not know otherwise how they plan on making it work. The installer called before leaving the office today and I specifically asked if he was bringing a dp44 and he answered "yes". When he arrived he looked that 129 is blocked and said he did not have a dp44 switch and left less then 3 minutes after arriving (almost 2 hours late for the 8-noon appointment window).

wow. sorry to hear that. some times it happens you run behind. but as far as you talk to them and they said he is bringing one and when he arrived he doesn't have one thats an issue. i can think of any other suggestion except try get in contact with one one higher at that office

My 622 is currently on backorder, I was wondering do all the new intalls require this switch? This will be my first HD tv intall. I currently have a 2 tv setup with a dish 500. On reciver is a DVR single tuner and the second is just a single tuner. What exactly does this switch do?

since you are in superdish territory, you will need a DPP 44 switch to get 129 or 61.5 for your hi-def channels, for a total of 4 orbital locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts