Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi there,
I did a scan on AMC 3 12180V SR 29270 and got PBS X, V-me, Create and the Schedule channels, but the receiver scanned some 8000 number for audio on all of the channels, so I had no audio.
I changed the audio according to the lyngsat guide (ftalist lists the same audio settings), but even with those setting, I still do not get audio on those channels.
I know the channels are also on 12120H but I don't get a strong enough signal on that transponder to scan the channels, even after fine tuning.
Does anyone know what the right audio settings are or what the reason is I don't get audio on those channels?
The audio on the rest of the satellites works fine, so I don't think it's the receiver.
Thanks in advance,

Ftamart

I had seen lots of posts mentioning 'The list' but didn't know what it was about.
I just looked at it now, and I think I have my answer to why I am not getting audio on AMC 3. It's because the audio is AC3.
Can any 5.1 home theater system decode AC3? I want to buy one but am not sure which ones decode AC3.

Have a nice day,

Ftamart

Just check the specs and make sure it says it will do Dolby digital audio. There are some fairly inexpensive systems that will. I use a Sherwood receiver from Circuit City and I know Iceberg has a small unit from Walmart that was cheap.

Ftamart be sure you have the latest software for Ultra. I had major headaches trying to get those channels to work on mine. Even then, it won't do all of the ac-3 channels on other satellites, but mine will do those pbs channels-which was why I wanted it. There's a RTN station on G3 c-band that mine will NOT do.

I just run an optical cable to my dolby receiver. They sound great now.

Speaking of audio - what in the world do you do when you are hearing 3 or more audios at once?

English in the left, spanish in the center, and whatever in the right.
It does this on some of the radio stations also.
When I select audio left or right it seems to have no effect.
-phil

Might be able to create sep channels manually for each one, IF it gives you all the diff pids for the audio. If its all mixed on one pid, you may be out of luck.

some channels have the TV audio on either LEFT or RIGHT and radio on the other.

ON World Harvest TV they do that.
Audio 1 & 2 are oon one channel. Hit left and you get 1 and right you get 2.

International channels do that too

Status
Please reply by conversation.