AMIKO No audio on NBC

Curious if this is why the newer receivers I have bought do not have any audio on dolby. Its the cheap no no name receivers from China. Do you guys think if I got a dolby digital to analog output it would work? I would hook it up from the digital audio coax (RCA) port into the box that breaks them out analog
The two I have do not even pass thru on the coax to a decoder.

Jim

I remember asking in the inexpensive receiver thread about the coaxial audio RCA on the back of those boxes. Did anyone test to see if it has output? I used to use the S/PDIF on my old Pansat connected to the surround to get audio. Might be a workaround for owners of the cheap receivers to get some sound.

Years ago people used the Sonic Voom headphone adapters when they were available to get AC3 audio on receivers that weren't capable.

I remember asking in the inexpensive receiver thread about the coaxial audio RCA on the back of those boxes. Did anyone test to see if it has output?
I bought one of those cheap satellite receivers off Amazon a while back figuring I'd use it at the dish rather than taking my good one down there. I just hooked it up and gave it a try using PBS on 125W to see what would happen. I fed the digital coax signal into my Denon 3312CI and it was able to decode Dolby Digital from the satellite receiver using the following settings. :)

Input mode on amp: Digital (Auto did nothing)
Decode mode on amp: Auto (PCM and DTS did nothing)
Audio output on satellite receiver: RAW (LPCM did nothing)

Thanks for the input guys. I will order me a Digital Coax to Analog Stereo audio converter adapter from fleabay and try it. I think they might work.
I dug one of the cheapie receivers to retry Dolby.
Scanned 125 ku and hooked my CyberHome Digital Surround Audio Decoder to the RCA coax connector.
Had audio on non Dolby channels only. Went to menu,tv system,audio and changed from LPCM out to BS out. Exited menu
and had Dolby thru headphones but not TV.

Jim
I live 30 mi south of you.

I dug one of the cheapie receivers to retry Dolby.
Scanned 125 ku and hooked my CyberHome Digital Surround Audio Decoder to the RCA coax connector.
Had audio on non Dolby channels only. Went to menu,tv system,audio and changed from LPCM out to BS out. Exited menu
and had Dolby thru headphones but not TV.

Jim
I live 30 mi south of you.

Cool Jim. Cool to have a neighbor close by! I actually live in Jenkins along the banks of Flat Creek.

So, I did get my converter and tried it with no luck. Dang. What is the cheapest receiver out there that can decode this dolby? Anyone have one that works without any rigging?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts