No DC lock on dsr-922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
I am having a problem not getting a lock or on occassion getting a couple of flashing dc lock light. a master reset was done on it . Is this an indication of bad caps

earlief said:
I am having a problem not getting a lock or on occassion getting a couple of flashing dc lock light. a master reset was done on it . Is this an indication of bad caps

Can't say if it's a cap issue - but did you check dish alignment, try a different sat, etc?

Can't say if it's a cap issue - but did you check dish alignment, try a different sat, etc?
In addition,check all the coax connections from the lnb back to the receiver.The copper clean and bright,good crimp,nothing loose etc.Check any splices,switches or splitters.If that all checks out good then I'd start to suspect capacitors,especially if it's a GI 922,they're the oldest.Usually it's one of the small electrolytics right next to the tuner can.

i verified good signal using same cable with another 922, I wiil check the board this weekend.

i verified good signal using same cable with another 922, I wiil check the board this weekend.

You mentioned it had a master reset done to it.
ok... If that was the case then check out diagnostic screen B.
top line...
00 0000,0000,0000 1040,7FFD,8818,9D00

second line....
1040 4647

the 1040 on the top and second line represent H2H EMM provider #
The underlined area on the second line here is the monthly code update.

if it was an old motorola EMM it would show.
top line...
00 0000,0000,0000 1000,7FFD

second line....

if you are missing either the 1000 or 1040 you need a re-hit to turn on the Dc2 channels.
If you do not have a subscription I can help you if this is the problem.
Have you redone your maps ?
If yes then pm me with your email address and I can help you fix it.
but first I want you to download your nvram from the receiver where it is at now and save it in a safe place.
name it something different like Test1 or test 2
Then pm me your email address and I'll help you correct it.

Also you can check diagnostic screen A 4th line from the very top...
00xx00xx00000000 FED4 1 1040

If your receiver has all 0's where it should be 1040 or 1000 for an unconverted receiver let me know.
It may not be anything wrong with your board.
I also need to know if you ever converted the receiver to H2H.

Master resets are no longer fixed like they used to be unless you have a current subscription.

Update:
After verifying that earlief indeed had on
diagnostic screen B.
top line...
00 0000,0000,0000 1040,7FFD,8818,9D00

And
diagnostic screen A 4th line from the very top...
00xx00xx00000000 FED4 1 1040

It was assumed this was a case of bad caps since there was no dc2 lock on any dc2 channel.
This is a more common occurrence as these receivers are getting older and these things do wear out. I have this happen on one receiver here myself.

If at all possible I try to encourage people not do do a master reset on any receiver that is not converted to H2H and even at that a Master Reset is no longer necessary if something does not appear correct.

I really appreciate all the effort and time the guys spent trying to help me solve this problem.. I contacted ATS and will send it to them for repair.

Again thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)