Information Request

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azcoder

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Prescott, AZ
It looks like there is about 35-40 new MapMaster users out there now. I hope you have all been able to get new maps loaded to your receivers and get all the channels that are available. The MMR project team has been working on a new release of MapMaster and needs a little help getting virgin nvram binaries to test with. There is only one chance to get the first virgin map from a receiver as that is the first one that you readout. It is the one you use with the new maps to create a new nvram. We would like a copy of the virgin map from your receiver(s). That is, the first map that you extracted from your receiver before you did any map revisions. We wouild really like to see more 921, 405, and 905 binaries. We did not have many of those to test with. The other binaries that can provide us with information is the before and after 922 A4 firmware revision binaries. The before is nvram just before you do the firmware change. The after binary would be the one extracted after the first bootup of the receiver with the A4 firmware. If you would like to help, please send a copy of your binaries to MapMasterWizard@gmail.com. These binaries will only be used by the programmer for testing and will not be provided to any other team members or other users. Your support would be welcome!

Azcoder,

Would you like a copy of the Nvram from my 920? The reason I ask is because it has a corrupt UID.

However, it really is "virgin" all the way. The December before the G1-3 shut down, I installed a new battery, did a master reset, and let it download the Motorola maps one last time. If memory serves, I don't think I even programmed in any tiles other than G1 (so that I could take the download). I'd say that's pretty "virgin". I just don't know if the corrupt UID messes things up for you.

BTW, I also have before & after A4 for the 922.

Cheers

Anony55,

I will take all three. The UID does not bother, it cannot be read or written, so it does not matter what it is. It only matters if you want to subscribe. Please mark the A4 downgrade nvrams as before & after. And thank you for your support!

I'm off for a long weekend starting in a couple of minutes. But I'll be back where I can do attachments on Monday. I'll send you all 3.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)