NO Detroit Local HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I am surprised no other Detroit area folks have not talked about this yet.....We are not getting the CBS HD FEED...There is a message saying don't contact directv.We are working on this. For the past two days!!!....Not a good time during the tournament...Anyone have any info on this

I have the MPEG4 so when I use a OTA to get the games they are not in HD????.....Very strange

Last edited:
satjay said:
I am surprised no other Detroit area folks have not talked about this yet.....We are not getting the CBS HD FEED...There is a message saying don't contact directv.We are working on this. For the past two days!!!....Not a good time during the tournament...Anyone have any info on this

I have the MPEG4 so when I use a OTA to get the games they are not in HD????.....Very strange

Thats interesting .....
After checking my OTA antenna, the signal is not there either, so it is not a D* issue, it is a local CBS problem, seeing I am watching CBS in Toledo, channel 11.1 right now.

Can you pick up any out of town channels ? You might want to try for 11 if you are using a OTA antenna.

Jimbo

Detroit CBS is multicasting all of the games in SD on 62.2-62.5. As a result of splitting the signal, the HD 62.1 is off. I thought something was up with my antenna. I was pissed for a while, until I realized that I get all of the games without buying the MM package. Most of the games are SD anyway.

Here is the schedule from the CBS website. It looks like a few of the games will be HD today:

NCAA Basketball Tournament
Second-round games 03/18/2006 1:00 PM, 8 hrs
Game 1: 62.1-Duke vs. George Washington.
Game 2: 62.1-Wichita State vs. Tennessee.
Game 3: 62.2-Illinois vs. Washington; 62.3-Boston College vs. Montana; 62.4-Texas A&M vs. LSU; 62.5-Texas A&M vs. LSU.
Game 4: 62.1-UCLA vs. Alabama

Side question: I have an H10-250, so I'm getting locals OTA. After the mpeg4 upgrade, which only sends the big 4, can an antenna still be integrated to pick up the other channels (PBS, UPN, WB)? Do the "dot" channels still display, or just the HD channel (62.1)? This might explain why some folks can't pick up the multicast games.

Last edited:
Heard the same thing. CBS Detroit is multicasting different games on 62-1 62-2 62-3 62-4 and 62-5 and isn't throwing out the HD signal.

My buddy with the H-10 isn't getting 62-1. The others yes, but not 62-1 even after a rescan of the channels.

MichiganFan (Go Blue! - UM '88 here), the H20 MPEG4 has a great OTA receiver so even if folks like satjay are getting their Detroit locals through the AT9 dish, the other channels (multicasted ones and PBS, UPN) can be received through the ATSC OTA tuner.

Thanks for the info. I wondered how the migration to the HR20 would be when it comes out. It looks like 62.1 is on for the early games. Go Blue! (UM '94)

MichiganFan said:
Detroit CBS is multicasting all of the games in SD on 62.2-62.5. As a result of splitting the signal, the HD 62.1 is off. I thought something was up with my antenna. I was pissed for a while, until I realized that I get all of the games without buying the MM package. Most of the games are SD anyway.

Here is the schedule from the CBS website. It looks like a few of the games will be HD today:

NCAA Basketball Tournament
Second-round games 03/18/2006 1:00 PM, 8 hrs
Game 1: 62.1-Duke vs. George Washington.
Game 2: 62.1-Wichita State vs. Tennessee.
Game 3: 62.2-Illinois vs. Washington; 62.3-Boston College vs. Montana; 62.4-Texas A&M vs. LSU; 62.5-Texas A&M vs. LSU.
Game 4: 62.1-UCLA vs. Alabama

Side question: I have an H10-250, so I'm getting locals OTA. After the mpeg4 upgrade, which only sends the big 4, can an antenna still be integrated to pick up the other channels (PBS, UPN, WB)? Do the "dot" channels still display, or just the HD channel (62.1)? This might explain why some folks can't pick up the multicast games.

I am surprised DTV would multi-cast.....No reason then for some folks to get the tournament package??

So George, The CBS station in LV didn't multicast the first two rounds Thursday and Friday? Sat and Sunday there isn't the overlap of games and the stations can do one HD and 1 digital SD.

According to this link
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4506861

klas is multicasting on cable digitally, if they aren't splitting their OTA feed I'd be calling the station and ask them why CBS affiliates around the country are showing all the games but they're not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)