No dish communication error message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Gotcha. I’ll check out the setup in the basement when I get home in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a PI, look for the splitter as well, the PI should go to the RED port to pass the power thru it.

Sometimes they will offer to waive the Truck roll fee.
You can always ask as well.
You been with them for quite awhile now.

Ok. Just to confirm, if I had the external PI w splitter, it is most likely in my basement correct?

The splitter (if there is one) may be mounted on the outside of the house somewhere as it's weatherproof.

But the external PI (again, if there is one) must be indoors someplace or if outside placed in a weather sealed enclosure with a power outlet available. As it's not weatherproof.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
The splitter (if there is one) may be mounted on the outside of the house somewhere as it's weatherproof.

But the external PI (again, if there is one) must be indoors someplace or if outside placed in a weather sealed enclosure with a power outlet available. As it's not weatherproof.

Thanks.

Sometimes they will offer to waive the Truck roll fee.
You can always ask as well.
You been with them for quite awhile now.

Another sorta trick you can do which even the CSRs have recommended to me and others at times. Is to subscribe to the PP for at least 1 month (the minimum required). And then cancel it later to reduce your bill back to the previous amount.

Reactions: Jimbo
Ok guys...got home from work and had a chance to look around the system and setup a bit....If nothing else, I learned what hardware I had in the system and how it was all connected.

Looks like I have one coax which enters the basement. At the point where the coax that was installed in the basement when the house was built, the DTV line connects to it via some connector. Pic attached. Then the line continues upstairs to the great room behind the tv on the wall. It apparently was too short when it was installed by the builder, so it looks like DTV added another connector to get more length to the cable. See pic...That line (coax) then connects to the WVB on the "Towards LNB" port. See pic.. I disconnected it temporarily so you could see what it said. Then there is a coax that runs from the "Satellite receiver" port of the WVB to the port on the HR 54. None of the coax connections seemed loose, but I disconnect them all, inspected them, and reconnected them securely. I then plugged everything back in and fired up the system. Everything connected right up. But it has done that previously, so we will see if I continue to experience the same intermittent error. I did notice when I looked behind the TV when I went to unplug everything, my surge protector (6 outlet) did not appear to be seated all the way in the outlet. The "bottom prong" (sorry not sure what to call that) of the plug for the surge protector was almost halfway out...I forgot to mention earlier the LG TV guy just repaired my tv a few weeks back and must not have plugged it in fully. Could this be the cause??? I don't know but figured I mention it... Anyways, there's the update and your feedback is welcomed...Thanks again!!
7328abb1d496cd1e6239d039333cc4dd.jpg

84ba8f3388be9099ac834cc71677bd65.jpg

b97acf612f55e9018d28e412bfa7339b.jpg

2116dc4ac361d30ade37292307806cf1.jpg

Also, when I was searching through the “electronics” in the basement, there were two hardware items the tech did not use when he connected the system at our new house. These items were hooked up at our old house. Wonder why they weren’t included at the new house. I brought all the same equipment from old house other than the dish. Also, from my memory, at the old house, I swear my HR 54 was connected to the internet via a wired connection, not directly w an ethernet cable though. Is that what these items might have been for? I also just ran the system test and I still get the the internet connection error. Also, the internet speed test rated my connection as “HD” but I have 400/20 internet Connection in the house. I mentioned earlier I had changed routers and maybe this messed up the connection. Is there a way to “erase” my network connection w the HR54 and set up again. Is that what “Reset Network” can be used for? Sorry for driving away from my original issue but maybe I can fix two things at once with your advice.

PS- The only coax connection I did not check was at the dish on the roof.

Thanks again!
a063c1867229b4377f5013a7341c15a1.jpg

443b73c33e53553c924f84cc81c4d663.jpg

7c2a976c5e4979940f71a42caa5ffeca.jpg

Here is the internet speed error I get. Also I tried to watch an on demand movie to test things out, and although I could watch it, this message popped up prior to watching it. I have full strength on the little WiFi icon. The access point is about 5 ft from the receiver and my router interface shows great strength at 52dBM. I also rest the network connection on the receiver and reconnected to my WiFi network but I still get the same message after running a system test
d8ba464642400ce3abb54033810a4bab.jpg

fbf773cff075d576b62c8b0c7265b825.jpg

**UPDATE**

Well when I woke up this morning and turned the TV on, the receiver gave me the same old error 775. Thanks for your guys help and guidance yesterday. I will be calling ATT shortly.

As for the HD vs 4k on the meter, don't worry about that at the moment, theres an issue on everyones, they are working to fix it.

It looks like your internet may have been hard wired previously and its now connected over the WiFi, not a big deal if its working fine for you.

The other piece of equipment I was hoping was a PI, but it's not, looks like its a Power cord, the guy probably had already had one connected ... I'd keep it as a spare, though its very rare for them to go bad.

Yes, I would call them, they will make you o thru a bunch of testing, which you've already done, but go ahead ... eventually they will want to send out a tech ...

As for the HD vs 4k on the meter, don't worry about that at the moment, theres an issue on everyones, they are working to fix it.

It looks like your internet may have been hard wired previously and its now connected over the WiFi, not a big deal if its working fine for you.

The other piece of equipment I was hoping was a PI, but it's not, looks like its a Power cord, the guy probably had already had one connected ... I'd keep it as a spare, though its very rare for them to go bad.

Yes, I would call them, they will make you o thru a bunch of testing, which you've already done, but go ahead ... eventually they will want to send out a tech ...

Thank you.

I understand from reading more threads there is a software issue w the speed meter.

I am almost certain my internet was hardwired at my previous house because I brought the same equipment to the new house, but the tech chose to not install it and simply connect the receiver to WiFi.

That’s the power cord for the DECA.

I am going to call them shortly. I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can do on my end w all your guys help. I appreciate it.

All good. DTV tech just left. He was a hoot...Old school dude who worked for the old days DirecTV for many years. Was a very cool guy. Told me how things used to be...LOL Installed DECA device so now I am hardwired. Ran some tests and they failed on my TV and could immediately tell that the dish on the roof was not initially setup right. (my words). He went up on roof, did his thing. I was out there chatting with him and he was cussing up the initial installer. He said something along the lines of, "I bet some young kid half assed this job to get to the next one...". I told him it was indeed a very young new tech who was always looking at his watch like he was late for dinner or something... Tech just shook his head...Comical...Anyways I think the cabling and the dish were jacked up somehow....We really didn't talk that much about the issues up there...We talked about muscle cars and the "old days"...Everything is working like a charm... Thanks again for the help.

All good. DTV tech just left. He was a hoot...Old school dude who worked for the old days DirecTV for many years. Was a very cool guy. Told me how things used to be...LOL Installed DECA device so now I am hardwired. Ran some tests and they failed on my TV and could immediately tell that the dish on the roof was not initially setup right. (my words). He went up on roof, did his thing. I was out there chatting with him and he was cussing up the initial installer. He said something along the lines of, "I bet some young kid half assed this job to get to the next one...". I told him it was indeed a very young new tech who was always looking at his watch like he was late for dinner or something... Tech just shook his head...Comical...Anyways I think the cabling and the dish were jacked up somehow....We really didn't talk that much about the issues up there...We talked about muscle cars and the "old days"...Everything is working like a charm... Thanks again for the help.
So, he realigned the dish and that was it ?
Did he happen to change the LNB, that you saw anyways ?

The 775 error usually isn't "dish needs adjustment".

So, he realigned the dish and that was it ?
Did he happen to change the LNB, that you saw anyways ?

The 775 error usually isn't "dish needs adjustment".
When he was on the roof with his meter making some adjustments, I did see him take the LBN off for a second and I think swap out the coax or something...Dont quote me on that...But I know for certain the dish also needed adjustment because the tech bitched about how the installer was lazy...lol

When he was on the roof with his meter making some adjustments, I did see him take the LBN off for a second and I think swap out the coax or something...Dont quote me on that...But I know for certain the dish also needed adjustment because the tech bitched about how the installer was lazy...lol
Unfortunately, that happens from time to time ... and Yes, he's right,, they are pushed to get done and on to the next job ... that doesn't make it right though.

I always took the time to do the best I could for the customer when at the homes, I was generally working on Internet though.

I have to say that when I did have an internet sub that also had D* I would look at the dish signals and the guys up here were very good, rarely found one that needed adjusting.

Reactions: cpd5215

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)