No dish for me, at least not yet anyway.

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
I own eq and I'm not paying dish $50 to come out and install it when I can get a local installer to come out for $65 and I won't be committed to a one year aggreement. Except my installer is going to georgia for a month to do some installs down there and he's taking his best installer with him. So I'll have to wait a month to get dish turned back on. Oh well, I lived six months without tv including ota, I think I can live a month with nothing but ota.

I'm so happy that dish is picking up the voom channels. To bad I don't own a hd receiver other than the voom receiver.

I called csr and she was giving me this bs about not being able to see if I qualified for any "upgrades" because my account was inactive. Yes I wasn't going to pay the $5 a month when I moved cause that would have cost me $30 when I can reconnect for only $25.
Anyway, she said that getting a hd receiver would be something like a deposit of $198 and $5 to lease. IS SHE RIGHT? Cause if she's right then Dish can stick it up they're well you get point. That's riduculous to pay $200 for a receiver that you don't even own. This is my own personal feelings and I do believe that if the equipment is not forced to no longer work like the switch from mpeg2 to mpeg4 an 811 can pay for itself. The only problem is that it wouldn't be worth it cause evently something on it would be obsolete.

danielle_s said:
...Anyway, she said that getting a hd receiver would be something like a deposit of $198 and $5 to lease. IS SHE RIGHT? Cause if she's right then Dish can stick it up they're well you get point. That's riduculous to pay $200 for a receiver that you don't even own. ...
If you're talking about the HD DVR (942) then it's $250 for new users to get a lease started, then $5/mo. You may not qualify as a new customer.

The non-DVR HD (811) should be free (+$25 shipping), and the same $5/mo, if you substitute that for a SD receiver.

I was going to replace my 301 with the 811. I do believe that was the one she was talking about. There ain't a chance in hell I'm parting with my 301. My 3800/3900 maybe a different story but that receiver's in Louisiana and I'm in Kansas so I don't think that'll work.

danielle_s said:
I was going to replace my 301 with the 811. I do believe that was the one she was talking about. There ain't a chance in hell I'm parting with my 301. My 3800/3900 maybe a different story but that receiver's in Louisiana and I'm in Kansas so I don't think that'll work.
You don't have to send the old receiver back, just have it deactivated. If you keep the receiver, it's an extra $25 bucks. Been there, done that.

Sounds like a Dishinitup promo with you being classed as a "B" customer $199 for installation/activation of an 811 with a $5.00 lease fee.

They won't give any details on any offers as long as my account is not active. This is like the 5th csr that I've talked with. As a result I'm going to restart my service on Sunday and see what they have.

Thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts