No DVR access on genie or other TVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dendox

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
San Antonio, TX
I just got off the phone with DIRECTV and they tell me it's a known issue. When we push list it basically stalls why trying to access the content on the DVR. From all TVs. The only way to stop it is to power off the local box and power it back on.

I've been dealing with it for about 3 weeks and after getting my but chewed by my wife for the umpteenth time, I decided to call and check on it. No other info other than it is a known issue.

I scrolled through about 30 topics on Tapatalk and didn't see anything that resembled my issue in the titles. I apologize if I'm just missing it.

Any ideas? Family is getting fired up.

i'd basically put it like this to D*, "im paying for a service i cant use, and you know about it." this doesn't affect all genies, so i'd request a new genie.

They are comping me DVR and receiver fees for all TVs
That was a start. Said it should be fixed within the week.

It was weird, no reboot or anything recommended by them. I had already unplugged all units thinking it might fix it but they didn't even ask.

This is the first I have heard of this particular issue.

It is very interesting to see that they didn't have you go thru all the usual resets.

Another call and the guy tells me it isn't a known issue. Researches for 10 minutes and tells me it is something fell off my account - advanced DVR. He tried to enable but it was greyed out. Put me on hold to escalate and was hung up on. 25 minutes wasted.

Call back. It is now a known issue. Again. This time she tells me that she will reauthorize everything and she asked me to reset the box. This worked. Been doing it all day for the last couple days she tells me. Other guys are idiots, apparently.

So, if anyone has this problem, this solution worked for me.

Another call and the guy tells me it isn't a known issue. Researches for 10 minutes and tells me it is something fell off my account - advanced DVR. He tried to enable but it was greyed out. Put me on hold to escalate and was hung up on. 25 minutes wasted.

Call back. It is now a known issue. Again. This time she tells me that she will reauthorize everything and she asked me to reset the box. This worked. Been doing it all day for the last couple days she tells me. Other guys are idiots, apparently.

So, if anyone has this problem, this solution worked for me.
So, if that is what happened, I would go to my current billing and look (online) to see if that has been removed ... computers do strange things, I wouldn't blame anyone just yet till you know.
I would also, if this happens again, Refresh your services, before calling in, just to see if this fixes it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)