No Fox News HD in Turbo HD only!?

jtrippe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Wetumpka, Alabama
Why are Fox News HD and Fox Business News HD not in Turbo Gold? I called Dish and talked to a supervisor. She said that they would consider adding it later. Dish's website lists these channels under Turbo Gold HD. This is false advertising. Anyone know why we don't have these in the Turbo packages?

The only time you should worry if it IS taken down from the website.
This would mean it will be a longer wait.

I agree this is ridicules.

I have called twice trying to get an answer, and both times the reps have been absolutely clueless about why I'm not getting these channels with my Gold HD package. She said that everybody on TurboHD should be getting these channels. If dish is having a problem on their back end then so be it, but it would be nice to be able to talk to somebody who has a clue what their talking about.

Why are Fox News HD and Fox Business News HD not in Turbo Gold? I called Dish and talked to a supervisor. She said that they would consider adding it later. Dish's website lists these channels under Turbo Gold HD. This is false advertising. Anyone know why we don't have these in the Turbo packages?

I'm with you, buddy. I am hoping that the website is correct, but just a little bit premature (that's what she said...). As tigerfan33 noted, it would be a bad sign if they took it down from the website...http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=77903

Because DISH has to play games with its customers and continues to do things the wrong way. Another reason why they are losing customers! I have already posted a bunch about this already. There is no good reason why it is not included right now. I have been waiting for these 2 channels for a while and I am a Turbo Gold/Platinum sub. I gave up FOX to save money but it has been killing me as I don't like CNN. This needs to change soon cause I don't want to have to pay 18 dollars more a month to go back to the SD paks also.

... This needs to change soon cause I don't want to have to pay 18 dollars more a month to go back to the SD paks also.

This was the circular logic that the online CSR in the chat tried to get me to do; sign up for an sd pack, just to get the hd channel... Do they get commissions for upselling a customer?

When I checked before I came into work, I did not see the channels, however, when I go to Dish's web site, they clearly have Fox News HD in the TurboHD Bronze package and the Fox Business News HD in the TurboHD Gold package. So there is light at the end of the tunnel ...

Edit:

See my signature for my programming details ...

Well, it's official. This is what I was just told in the tech chat:

"It is official. At this time, these channels are not available in our TurboHD programming. We will look to see how popular these channels become in HD and then make a decision as to whether or not they fit into our TurboHD programming. That's the official information on this situation, the information is in the process of being pulled off of the website."

If they don't fix this within the week, I'll switch to Direct, where they don't screw around with their customers.

"It is official. At this time, these channels are not available in our TurboHD programming. We will look to see how popular these channels become in HD and then make a decision as to whether or not they fit into our TurboHD programming. That's the official information on this situation, the information is in the process of being pulled off of the website."

Please tell me that this is wrong...

That's just crazy talk. I can't imagine they are really that dumb. Of course i overestimate lots of people.

Remember these channels were not supposed to launch until 5PM Today.

The retailer chat is coming up in a few minutes hopefully we will hear more there. :)

Stay Tuned!

If they don't fix this within the week, I'll switch to Direct, where they don't screw around with their customers.

I posted this last night and people thought I was crazy and should chill! What the hell is DISH doing!

Is this what we should expect when the next HD channels become available. I just swithced from Absoluete to Turbo Gold to ensure that I'd get any new stuff. Very Dissapointed! Are the absoluete people getting these?

Well in a new twist, I now have Fox News in SD, but not in HD. This is extra weird since I only have the TurboHD gold package. I also called dish network again (to ask if I was under contract with them) and later was told that the information I posted earlier was incorrect, and that us TurboHD customers should be getting Fox soon.

Lovely how nobody really seems to know whats going on a Dish.

Well in a new twist, I now have Fox News in SD, but not in HD. This is extra weird since I only have the TurboHD gold package. I also called dish network again (to ask if I was under contract with them) and later was told that the information I posted earlier was incorrect, and that us TurboHD customers should be getting Fox soon.

Lovely how nobody really seems to know whats going on a Dish.

HD Absolute here and I've got the 205 SD channel too. Very odd.

No it wasnt, but I sent over the question to them so should have an answer soon. But I have been told unofficially that its still a permissions issue on the package flags.

Stay tuned!

OK, here is my deal...Fox News HD shows up in the guide in red last night, I call Dish to inquire about it, was told I couldn't get it since I was on Absolute. Told them to switch my over to Turbo Silver. Still could not get it. Called Dish back and wound up with a tech support person. After all the button pushing, switch checking, unplugging, rebooting and resetting...tech person says it should be showing up, but it's not, so Dish is sending my another 722.

OK, here is my deal...Fox News HD shows up in the guide in red last night, I call Dish to inquire about it, was told I couldn't get it since I was on Absolute. Told them to switch my over to Turbo Silver. Still could not get it. Called Dish back and wound up with a tech support person. After all the button pushing, switch checking, unplugging, rebooting and resetting...tech person says it should be showing up, but it's not, so Dish is sending my another 722.

I really hate to tell you this, but, a new 722 is not going to solve the problem unless the change the package flags. More than a year ago I had a similar situation. At the time I had the DDA 200 plus HD Ultimate. I received a sales flyer showing channels and saw that VS HD was supposed to be available to me (I had understood I had to have DDA 250 to get this, so was very pleased to see it on the flyer) I called Dish and told them about the flyer and stated that it was in Red on my guide. The CSR said yes I should be getting it, transferred me to tech, did all of the rebooting, switch check etc, finally they told me my 622 was bad and would send a new one. Received the new one hooked it up and still no VS, called back, got a different tech who stated that VS was not available in my package and if that was the only reason for the 622 I should just send it back. Long story short, it was not available to my package and they could not enable it for my package, had to got to 250, I stated it was false advertising and shouldn't have to pay additional for something listed in their sales flyer as being available to me. Eventually worked out an acceptable deal. The point I am trying to make is they claim they cannot just turn on a channel if it is not in the package listed on the account, they can only change to package it is available in. In your case you are stating you switched to Turbo silver and according to what I am being told by Dish, Fox news and business HD are NOT available to "stand alone" HD packages. So unless they change the package designation you probably still won't get it with the new receiver, you'll just lose your DVR recordings (unless you have and external hard drive activated and stored).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)