No Fox News HD in Turbo HD only!?

I'm so confused!!! :confused::confused::confused:

I have the absoloute, and like many others was told we could/should (might/snowballs chance) get new HD content as added.
I've had to live w/o FNC since because it's not in the package. BUt we got plenty of CNN & MSNBC. I've been hearing about FNCHD 'soon' and finally it's here, but not for absoloute, or even Turbo of any metal! :mad: WTF
During football season I was tempted to switch to a silver/gold Turbo HD to get the RSN's and told, nope you can't do that either! :confused:
So aparently I can swith now? ( I haven't tried) but still won't get FNC.
And they are removing a channel, Smith, from my package, oh yea it gets replaced with every what primetime drama show has covered 3hrs/nite 7days a week, C&I, woo hoo.

Wake up DISH, gett new HD content, but naa ahhh ahhh, can't add it to the HD packages! :confused:

Is this what we should expect when the next HD channels become available. I just swithced from Absoluete to Turbo Gold to ensure that I'd get any new stuff. Very Dissapointed! Are the absoluete people getting these?
When I signed up, I was told that "any new non preimum HD offerings would automatically be included in the THD Gold package...

Surprising that they would NOT include HD version if available.. maybe they forgot to pay the bill?

:cool:

OK, here is my deal...Fox News HD shows up in the guide in red last night, I call Dish to inquire about it, was told I couldn't get it since I was on Absolute. Told them to switch my over to Turbo Silver. Still could not get it. Called Dish back and wound up with a tech support person. After all the button pushing, switch checking, unplugging, rebooting and resetting...tech person says it should be showing up, but it's not, so Dish is sending my another 722.
LMAO dish sends everyone new vip 722's when something does not work. They tried to send me a new one when my VOD does not work. It is there system who is at fault. The dish answer send new equipment cause it has to be bad.

I already did that...
Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

At this time Fox News HD and FOX Business HD are only available in our Classic packages with the HD add-on. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels to our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information. Dishnetwork.com has been updated to reflect the correct and current channel information. We thank you for your patience in this matter and apologize for any confusion.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

It is the exact same thing they are copying and pasting on the online chat, and the same thing they are reading to you if you call. I wrote a scathing response back last night, but haven't yet heard anything... Maybe they will terminate me as a customer...

Everyone having issue with this needs to email c e o (at) e c h o s t a r (dot) c o m today and voice their concerns. Maybe then things will get corrected -- or at least they might tell us their plans.

Don't post email addresses in their correct format in a public forum. Spammers pick them up and blast them.

Use a format like I did in your quote above.

Kind of sounds like they are rethinking Turbo HD and would like us to become dissatisfied with it and change to some other package that would cost more.

The ONLY reason I went with Dish unstead of Direct was Turbo HD....

This is completely off the unreasonable chart IMHO...

Bad Dish Network Bad!!

Wayne Sagar

Yea, I know that sounds stupid, Dish sending another receiver. However Fox News did show up in SD (Yuck) last night. I'm just kind of confused about what the deal is about the whole thing. Went from Absolute to Turbo Silver since I knew Absolute would not be getting new HD. Now I just checked Dish site and Fox News is off of any Turbo packages. So I ask, how am I able to get Fox News SD, and not HD?

tjiles,
Fox News SD is on a free preview until early March.

8bitbytes,
The CEO echostar email is already all over this forum as well as others -- so there isn't much point in posting it like you said.

tjiles,
Fox News SD is on a free preview until early March.

8bitbytes,
The CEO echostar email is already all over this forum as well as others -- so there isn't much point in posting it like you said.

I understand - I'm just trying to encourage safer behavior for the future. Looks to be a futile battle.

I already did that...

It is the exact same thing they are copying and pasting on the online chat, and the same thing they are reading to you if you call. I wrote a scathing response back last night, but haven't yet heard anything... Maybe they will terminate me as a customer...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I still have not got a response from my request to drop from DDA TurboHD Gold to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD. The name of the fellow that responded to me was Gregory something. Maybe he only works nights? Online still lists me as TurboHD Gold ... I'll just have be wait and see.

I will no longer make assumptions when it comes to Dish and HD. TurboHD clearly does not mean that you will get new HD channels for example. If there is a channel that I want, and I can afford the package that it is in, I will switch to the package.

I have to chuckle though as if you looked online yesterday, you saw the new HD channels in the TurboHD packages ... you still can't win ...!sadroll

I still have not got a response from my request to drop from DDA TurboHD Gold to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD. The name of the fellow that responded to me was Gregory something. Maybe he only works nights? Online still lists me as TurboHD Gold ... I'll just have be wait and see.

I will no longer make assumptions when it comes to Dish and HD. TurboHD clearly does not mean that you will get new HD channels for example. If there is a channel that I want, and I can afford the package that it is in, I will switch to the package.

I have to chuckle though as if you looked online yesterday, you saw the new HD channels in the TurboHD packages ... you still can't win ...!sadroll
Hey, that's the same guy who responded to me! Mr. Gregory Wall, my new arch-nemesis... Yeah, he still hasn't responded as of right now, but there is a phone number in his signature, in case you missed it. I haven't tried it, but it doesn't look like a regular dish number (not 800, etc.).

CSR's may not be the most informed folks at E*, but I believe this one has as much credibility as anyone that's posted thus far.

If anybody noticed, FNC SD was NOT supposed to be in freeview, otherwise it would have been available on 1-28-09, with the rest of the freeviews. I believe that E* made it available on 2-4-09 to ease the pain of their massive screw-up.

...I had talked to a CSR who said that March 4th Fox News would become permanent on the Bronze grouping...

Absolute HD customers

OTA channel listings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)