No HD for Sabres/Bruins on CI tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
I guess Dish has done it again. I assume NESN is broadcasting the game tonight in HD (they do all their regular season home games, so the playoff games should be in HD). But we have 2 HD versions of the Chicago/Nashville game tonight! What a farce...

I guess Dish has done it again. I assume NESN is broadcasting the game tonight in HD (they do all their regular season home games, so the playoff games should be in HD). But we have 2 HD versions of the Chicago/Nashville game tonight! What a farce...

Yes the Bruins are on NESN HD tonight but they once again bumped the Red Sox to the NESN Plus channel which is SD, at least on Dish. I can't figure out why the Bruins playoff games take precedence over the Red Sox..They could at least alternate.

Ross

I can't figure out why the Bruins playoff games take precedence over the Red Sox..

Ross
are you retarded? it is playoff hockey,the sox have 150 games left. you see the difference??????

I know I will be real pissed if the tigers are in hd and game 7 of the Red Wings is sd.

on topic now they are trying to get 10 bucks a day for CI now in crystal clear sd

I'm switching back and forth between the 2 (in HD) on Direct. This is the main reason I left dish after over 10 years. I wish Dish would get its' butt in gear and fix this issue. I liked my 622.

GL, Eric

I'm switching back and forth between the 2 (in HD) on Direct. This is the main reason I left dish after over 10 years. I wish Dish would get its' butt in gear and fix this issue. I liked my 622.

I'm holding out for September to see if things improve once both E*14 and E*15 are online. If they're not making significant progress to getting full time HD RSNs by then I'm going to switch to Direct. The only thing that held me back last year was the Versus deal.

Don't feel bad. The Buffalo area viewers had to watch the game in SD on MSG in Buffalo too. MSG did not broadcast the game in HD and of course we are blacked out of other RSNs when the home team is playing. The only way to even get the game in HD in Buffalo, was to be able to get it OTA from CBC out of Toronto.

are you retarded? it is playoff hockey,the sox have 150 games left. you see the difference??????

I know I will be real pissed if the tigers are in hd and game 7 of the Red Wings is sd.

on topic now they are trying to get 10 bucks a day for CI now in crystal clear sd
Usually playoff games to take precedent over regular season games in most sports. But when it comes to the Sox, nothing take precedent over them in Boston

This morning, WEEI AM sports Radio in Boston, had a discussion about this very subject although it was the reverse, why are the Red Sox bumped to a Non HD channel when the Bruins are in the Playoffs. The consensus seems to be that this is a playoff game and more folks will watch it and therefore advertisers will be willing to pay more..
The logic has some merit except for the fact that the the advertisers that sponsor the Sox (and other teams) expect the games to be shown in HD and not be relegated to an SD alternate. I am a Hockey fan too and when both the Sox and Bruins play I will switch back and forth or use PIP but that doesn't mean I don't want both games to be in HD!
The real question is: Who makes the decision that the alternate channel will be SD not HD is it DISH or in this case is it NESN (New England Sports Network). I'm sure it all comes down to money.. but again both games have sponsors and both are paying for HD so....

Ross

No need to be rude. I pay for HD I expect the games I watch to be in HD, the advertisers pay for the games to be shown in HD, regardless of playoff or regular season.
I am not a fare weather fan so it makes no difference if it is a regular season or playoff game they should all be in HD which means the alternate or plus channel what ever they want to call it should be in HD too. The bottom line is who makes the decision about the alternate channel being HD or SD is it Dish or the RSN? I'm sure it has to to do with money, but the broadcast has been paid for through the advertising sales so....

Ross

PS Boston Sports Fans are very loyal and most are supporters of all the teams. Fenway, The Garden (Bruins and Celtics), Foxboro (Patriots) are always sold out, can't say that for other cities, at least not accross the board. I noticed lots of empty seats in Toronto at last nights RS vs Blue Jays game, same when the Sox were in KC. Granted the Sox aren't doing very well but, like the Yankees, they usually draw big crowds on the Road.

yea, sorry for being harsh, and all games should be broadcast HD, but when a choice has to be made playoffs should be a priority.

you would not want to see game 3 of the Bruins regular season in HD and the Red Sux playoffs in sd would you?

yea, sorry for being harsh, and all games should be broadcast HD, but when a choice has to be made playoffs should be a priority.

you would not want to see game 3 of the Bruins regular season in HD and the Red Sux playoffs in sd would you?

There you go again with the rude comments...The point is there are plenty of HD sports alternate channels why put the alternate RSN on SD.

Ross

being a huge bruins fan, i was really pissed with the lack of HD last night. 3 broadcasts....CBC,NESN,and MSG....none of them in HD.

oh well, round 2 this shouldnt be an issue. GO B'S!

I would like to know why I was not able to receive this game last night in Pittsburgh. It was not even available in SD much less HD for us!
rant2.gif

I pay good money for the MultiSport package and when I tried NESN last night, I got the "Not available in your area" screen. That's the whole reason I subscribe to MultiSport package in the first place -- to get these games when our local team is not playing!

I would love to hear a logical reason/blackout rule/creative lie at this point.

versus had the last couple of minutes of the buffalo game in HD...lol

Actually, that was a recorded segment. After the Sabres/Bruins game was over, I was switching channels and voila! - the game I had watched was now on Versus in HD -- at last the last couple of minutes. As a Sabre fan, I didn't think I would enjoy the HD version of the end any more than the SD version that Dish so graciously gave us on CI, so I switched to the Chicago/Nashville game...the game that Versus should have had on at that point rather than the Sabres/Bruins replay.

Another thing that bugs me about Versus is that they have only one channel and have exclusive rights to the second game that starts 3 hours after the first. If the first goes into overtime, we can miss one or two periods of the second game. At least when ESPN had the games, they showed the second game on an alternate channel so we could chose which game to watch...

I'm holding out for September to see if things improve once both E*14 and E*15 are online. If they're not making significant progress to getting full time HD RSNs by then I'm going to switch to Direct. The only thing that held me back last year was the Versus deal.

+1.

And with superior CI HD coverage AND the MLB channel, Directv seems to be the way to go...

I would like to know why I was not able to receive this game last night in Pittsburgh. It was not even available in SD much less HD for us!
rant2.gif

I pay good money for the MultiSport package and when I tried NESN last night, I got the "Not available in your area" screen. That's the whole reason I subscribe to MultiSport package in the first place -- to get these games when our local team is not playing!

I would love to hear a logical reason/blackout rule/creative lie at this point.

Ummm, Multi-Sport is not intended to give you out-of-market pro games. If it's MLB/NHL/NBA/NFL/MLS and is not on your local RSN then Multi-Sport blacks it out. You need the corresponding subscription package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts