No info on Program Guide

Chandler36511

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Hello all! I am new to this forum and also new to Voom. I had it installed two days ago and I have been enjoying it so far. My signal is great (97), and I haven’t had any problems with lock-ups. However, my Program Guide still doesn’t work. It says “No Info” for all channels. The installer said it usually takes a little while to download the guide, but should it be taking this long? Do I need to get in contact with Voom or is there something I am doing wrong? I left the STB on Standby the past two nights, and my software is version 2.30. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I would try a soft reboot of your stb. Flip down the panel located on the lower left, than hold in the red button until your screen goes back, than wait for about 30 minutes before touching any button on the remote. Hopefully this will force the PG to download.

No, soft reboot is pressing the power button (not the red button) on the lower left as described above. If that doesn't work, just unplug the box, wait a minute, and plug it back in.

Remember not to change channels frequently while the PG info is downloading. It should take 20-30 minutes, I think.

-John

I tried the soft reboot, and the PG still reports "No Info." I am trying the "unplug" method right now. Any other ideas? :confused:

after you plug in the stb again don't touch the remote for at least 20 minutes before checking anything. If you don't have the pg then, then you need a new stb.

Switch to channel 100 and don't touch the remote for 20 minutes after the reboot!

Edit: tdillon was quicker!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)