All my local channels will show is "No Info" in the program guide area.

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hi,

I have been a Voom subscriber for over a year. Everything was fine except that I got audio dropouts pretty regularly on HDNews and Rave. (Only on Rave after the encoder upgrade.) I called the Voom tech support to see if they had any suggestions, and they insisted on sending out a tech to swap the box. After the box was swapped, the audio dropout problem may have been helped a little, but unfortunately a much bigger problem arose. After the swap, my local channels all show "No Info" in the program guide section. Also, the channels 0-4, 0-6 and 0-8 are displayed. Obviously, these are bogus channel numbers. If you try to tune one in, you get a message that there is no signal. I can hide these bogus channels, but I think they may provide a clue as to what is going on. I have re-scanned, rebooted, etc. to no avail. I called Voom, and they sent the tech out again to swap the receiver again, but unfortunately the same problem persists.

I think what might have happened is that when the receiver was swapped out, the latest software was downloaded (v7.37) which was later than the version that was running on the previous receiver and that something got messed up in the later software.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know a solution?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

I noticed the last time I had to reboot my receiver, that the local channels information didn't come up as quickly as the satellite chanels. I had to wait a couple of hours for one receiver and almost a whole day on the other before my local channel information shown up in the PQ.

Also sometimes when I switched to an OTA channel it will say "No signal". I usually will go back to another channel and back to the OTA channel and it comes in. This is very rare for me to have this problem, so I believe the switching the signal got hung up in the receiver.

Have Voom send a hit to your receivers too. Also once you receive a new download, I would do a soft reboot too.

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

The local channels won't show their program guide data no matter how long I wait. The channels do show the correct call letters for the channels, though.

Already tried having Voom send a hit to the receiver, didn't do any good.

Sean Dudley

For what it's worth, have you tried deleting the existing local channels, rebooting, and then scanning for locals? Don't recall reading this in your notes, but might be better to "start from scratch".

I tried figuring out a way to delete the local channels and do another scan, but couldn't figure out any way to do it. I called the Voom tech support, and they couldn't tell me any way to do it, either. They said they would just need to send out another tech to swap the box again, which effectively deleted the local channels since it was a new box, but the same problem arose on the new STB as soon as the local channels were scanned.

Sean Dudley

Sean,

when you say locals with no PG information, do you speak of your current DMA or locals outside your current DMA? Did your location get the superDMA update ever?

I have the same problem in the Grand Rapids, MI area. For my local ABC station, WZZM-13 the only time I get program information is when there is a HD show on. Whenever they do not broadcast in HD I get the NO INFO under the guide..

Sean Mota said:
Sean,

when you say locals with no PG information, do you speak of your current DMA or locals outside your current DMA? Did your location get the superDMA update ever?
Hi Sean,

It is my current DMA. I don't think my area ever got a superDMA update. I receive my channels from the Knoxville, TN market.

Seandudley,

I would try calling Voom and ask them to deactivate all your equpment and than to reactivate them. Maybe there is a somekind of bug in your software. Let us know if this helps you out.

I have had Voom do this to my equipment before too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts