No L4.02 spool today for the 622 receiver...4-5-07

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
It looks like dish dumped on this software rollout once again....From their tech portal site there no mention of L4.02 to spool to the 622 receiver. What in god's
name is their problem. Can't they get anything right. I know they have to be perfectly sure that there are no bugs, but how many times are they going to delay this s/w update when it was promised back in Dec of 06??!!

I really don't care for map down channels or side by side pip, but how about getting the promised weather channel app for ch. 214 when it is listed on their website ("a special trigger icon will give the local weather on the 8's") and not even enabled yet. Is this really false advertising or what? And now the possibility of not getting the MLBEI package. I tell one thing, this continues and I guarantee this firmly, this company will sink hard and fast by losing subs to direct or new technologies such as fios or At&t u-verse.

What a shame for company who really does not know how to market there product at all! rolou21:mad:

And if Dish were to send you out software that bugged up your receiver people would be complaining just as loud.. It's a no win situation for Dish. Send it or don't send it.. Someone will be unhappy.. The key here is that Dish should just quit saying anything untill is is actually being released.. And then release something that is semi bug free..

In reality, the number of subs that care of the software udates(us) are minimal. Most subs are oblivious to this stuff and Dish knows that. What the average subwill notice is when an update breaks something.

Just got off the phone with Cory Vasquez (VP of dish promotions) and she told me that they are planing to add more Rsn Hd's as the days and weeks come about. She is aware of the delay for L4.02 and also the Yes network has been heavily asked for. She said what Charalie always said, "We are trying always to keep are customers happy with new channel requests, but in the same time also
keeping the costs down to our subscribers". I told here the Yes Network will never
be available on Dish, she said you never know.....rolou21.

Cory is not the VP of Dish Promotions, she is the manager of corporate communications for Echostar and she works under Kathie Gonzalez.

Yes more HD RSN's are coming, she said the same thing in her press release yesterday. Those RSN's will be Sun Sports, SportSouth and Altitude which will be coming this fall.

No word on SNY, NESN and other major HD RSN's.

If anyone has a complaint about the Rsn Hd's, please call Cory Jo Vasquez @ Echostar directly........Flood her lines and tell her to get the ball rolling already..I guarantee you, results will be quick, you never know.

If you want the Yes Network, regardless of where you live, tell her and complain!
rolou21.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone number removed.

Cory has NOTHING to do with the RSN's other then the fact that she is the one who writes up most of the Dish Network press releases.

She has nothing to do with programming negoations.

Don't bother Cory.

she told me that they are planing to add more Rsn Hd's as the days and weeks come about.

E* always says that in an effort to keep people from jumping ship. There could be no chance of adding a certain channel and they'll still say they're planning on getting it in the future just to keep you waiting.

I'd rather they take their time and work all the bugs out before releasing the s/w to the whole population. The last thing I need is a couple new features in return for a bunch of hang ups and a poor performing receiver.

Yes more HD RSN's are coming, she said the same thing in her press release yesterday. Those RSN's will be Sun Sports, SportSouth and Altitude which will be coming this fall.

Cool. Maybe Altitude in time for the Avs this fall. :) One of the benefits of Echostar being in Colorado -- they will provide the rocky mtn regional sports nets... ;)

As far as the OP in this thread -- I am of the mind not to release a fix if it doesn't fix things. AND definitely don't spool software to the hordes that they know is broken.

I am one of the lucky ones for whom 4.01 works; I just hope that 4.02 doesn't reverse that :)

I am SO pleased with 4.01 on my first 622, that I've become desperate to get it (or 4.02) on my second 622.

I assume there is NO WAY, or NO ONE that I could contact to make it happen, like today, for me?

I know, I know, be patient...the funny thing is that when I had Time Warner I never even gave this sorta stuff any thought...I used to just WATCH TV...now I spend as much time checking this forum out as I do actually watching TV.

I've become an obsessed enough follower of SatGuys that my supporter check is nearly in the mail.

Cory is not the VP of Dish Promotions, she is the manager of corporate communications for Echostar and she works under Kathie Gonzalez.

Ia m not sure how all this got into a thread on 4.02 but who should we write to about HD RSNs and/or missing ones?

The RSN's in HD would be great if you could watch anything on them. I have check at our showroom and everything I have seen listed is blacked out. Maybe others are having better luck but FoxMW and FoxRM for me (on my home account) have been totally blacked out. I would love to actually be able to use the RSN's HD to see something other than the DISH logo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)