No locals after adding HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no problem, a reauth should fix it, thats why when i have to activate an hr20, i make sure the csr stays on the line until everything is working as it should be.

by the by.. totally offtopic.. been a member here over 2 years, and just made my first 9 posts... tonight.

Are you talking about SD channels, HD or both? If HD, you need to make sure you have no diplexors on the lines. If BBC are connected, no diplexors, then it is an authorization to the card that is the issue. You can't fix that without a call.

The call centers are open 24 hours a day. Call them. You'll be directed through a series of automated steps. One of the steps asks if you are missing channels. It will automatically send the authorization signals back down. If that doesn't work, call them back and troubleshoot with them on the phone.

Follow up: I woke up, turned on the TV and I now get the SD version of my locals but no HD?

Thanks

do they just not show up in the guide? or when you tune to them, do they say 'searching for signal 771'?

All the Locals are showing in the guide, but the only ones where I get video are from the SD locals.

When I tune to a HD local I just see a greyish screen with no error message.

News!!

News!

A follow up on what I have been doing trying to solve the No local HD channels. I switched the HR20 with the H20 and the H20 is showing my locals in HD.

Does this mean a bad HR20? or ? should I still get them to re authorize the HR20 and see what happens?

Thanks

News!

A follow up on what I have been doing trying to solve the No local HD channels. I switched the HR20 with the H20 and the H20 is showing my locals in HD.

Does this mean a bad HR20? or ? should I still get them to re authorize the HR20 and see what happens?

Thanks

It took my HR20 a couple of hours to activate the locals. Maybe yours is just a little slow! :D

When I got my HR20-100 last week it wouldn't take HD locals either. The 1st level CSR had no idea. He did box authorization on it but no go. So I hung up because I had to go. I then called back later and got the auto fix that sends authorization down to the box. And bingo, HD locals showed.

When I got my HR20-100 last week it wouldn't take HD locals either. The 1st level CSR had no idea. He did box authorization on it but no go. So I hung up because I had to go. I then called back later and got the auto fix that sends authorization down to the box. And bingo, HD locals showed.

Ohhh! Well they are apparently re authorizing now. If that doesn't work should I go higher up and what should I say?

Thanks.

Maybe its not me or the box after all?

If the auto reauthorization doesnt work, then call and ask for tech support. They will figure it out. If the first cant, then they pass it up the line.

If the auto reauthorization doesnt work, then call and ask for tech support. They will figure it out. If the first cant, then they pass it up the line.

So u don't think its my receiver? Even though my H20 seems to get most HD locals? I think one is missing.
Can I check signal strength on these? Maybe I am not getting the signal? Thus the gray screen?

zip code error?

Hmm i was checking some stuff on the info screen and noticed that I put the wrong zip code during the set up? :eek:

Would this make a difference?

I did the satellite setup once again and inputted the correct zip code ;) and went thru all the steps after that.

Rebooted the machine and voila, I have my HD Local channels once again except for one--I was perplexed but waited about 30 seconds and a message came upon the screen informing me they are having technical difficulties with that channel (KIRO-CBS)

Thanks for everyones ideas and thought as I tried all that was suggested.

Finally! :)

I did the satellite setup once again and inputted the correct zip code ;) and went thru all the steps after that.

Rebooted the machine and voila, I have my HD Local channels once again except for one--I was perplexed but waited about 30 seconds and a message came upon the screen informing me they are having technical difficulties with that channel (KIRO-CBS)

Thanks for everyones ideas and thought as I tried all that was suggested.

Finally! :)

Isn't Vancouver in the Portland OR dma? Why would you get KIRO out of Seattle? What is your zip?

Hmm i was checking some stuff on the info screen and noticed that I put the wrong zip code during the set up? :eek:

Would this make a difference?
I don't think it matters! When our Tech.set our HR-20 up he used 90036, when ours is 18445. I only just switch it like a week ago when we got the new update.I think its just there to help you with your Dish pointing directions.

The good news of this thread and story is trellaine is up and running and should be in HD heaven. Now if there was only more HD this time of year. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.