No longer recieving AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ruter

Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver Island
Since they have made all the recent changes to AMC21 I can't seem to recieve any signals from that sat.
I punched in all the new TP data manually, as well as tried blind scans, but no go.

I have two boxes - an SV8000 as well as a dreamlink HD.
I believe the Dreamlink HD is DVB-S2 + MPEG4 capable, but I'm not sure about the SV8000.

Both units currently have Turbo 8PSK cards installed which I suspect is the problem.

I had no problems, even with the Turbo cards, prior to the recent changes.

Does anyone have any comment / experience on this particular setup? Am I out of luck now if I plan to continue with the Turbo 8PSK cards installed?

Please advise.

The SV won't get the new channels. Not sure about the other receiver but there are many newer, smaller receivers that will get those channels in the 75$ range and up.

I get them on my 7.5ft SAMI dish with an Opengox S9 but can't get but about half of them on my 10ft Winegard and an S9?? I guess I need to cut some trees and do some dish tweaking.

You're right Ruter. Some days ago (don't know exactly how many) all SD channels in AMC21 had some transformation (I´m not an expert in FTA, but some wise members of these forums will explain technically what happened, for sure). The fact is my old Pansat 2700A is not longer capable to display these channels, with the excepction for those scanned as SD06 (some BBC News at certain hours) and SD07 (some 30 min. programs very few frequent). I think a Receiver update is the only way the get back those channels.

as of October 9th most of the PBS feeds went DVB-S2. This was a 4 month process where they (PBS) took the "main" transponder (12180 V 30000) and made it DVB-S2. They put up a new transponder of 12060 V 30000 that was the feeds in DVB. These 2 transponders were dual illuminated for affiliates to change over.

Here is a thread on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/285681-PBS-mux-on-125W-moving-around-preparing-for-changes

post 193 mentions when they dropped the DVB feeds.

i got a new openbox S16 and finally able to capture AMC21.
in LA area, AMC21's magnetic azimuth is 187 rather than 180 as shown by the dishpointer.com, strange

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)