No more HD Distant Networks?

OK, I will ask the question again since it has been about a month since anyone has discussed this. What is the status of national HD distants? Some channels are uplinked, but no one will say anything. Does Scott or anyone have any reliable information?

You can bet if Scott gets any reliable information that is not privledged, it will be posted forth-with. :info
Channels are uplinked often that never see the light of TV.

By the way, Generalíssimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

WHAT IS Happening with DISH lately? It seems like we are in perpetual LIMBO in regards to HD distants, new releases of the sling extender, etc. No more Charlie Tech Chats ? I mean all I hear about lately is lawsuits and more lawsuits.

In case it hasn't been mentioned...All American Direct - MyDistantNetworks.com is now up the street from DISH...8101 E. Prentice Avenue - 700, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 (800-909-9677).

Yes, they say at this time they have no plans to provide HD. I emailed the contact person from their site.
SD however had many subscribers and costs less to provide and they plan on providing those after I specifically asked if they would continue with them.

I strongly suspect Dish is selling the HD distants via pocket sales, pending a deal with an independent vendor. There is no other reason that I can see to have them uplinked and available.

Yes, they say at this time they have no plans to provide HD. I emailed the contact person from their site.
SD however had many subscribers and costs less to provide and they plan on providing those after I specifically asked if they would continue with them.

AAD disgusts me. They cancelled the HD contracts midway through, then told me that they would provide no refund and the only thing to do was to put the money toward the SD distants. But suing them is not an option, since the damages are so trivial. But their business ethics are in the toilet.

AAD disgusts me. They cancelled the HD contracts midway through, then told me that they would provide no refund and the only thing to do was to put the money toward the SD distants. But suing them is not an option, since the damages are so trivial. But their business ethics are in the toilet.

I filed a dispute with my credit card and had the credit in a week.

Mitch

My channels 241-248 are working fine at 7am Tallahassee time in SD. I do miss the HD channels out of Chicago and LA. AAD advised me of them being turned off in January and used my credit for the SD channels.

Fade to....BLACK? 241-248 black at the moment. No signal on any of the channels...signal strength 75.

some of the auto pays did not transfer over when Sobongo was dropped, happened to a few people in the USVI, you need to call them.

Also heard a rumor that they may be being sold again and that the HD will be back, no time line was mentioned

I talked to AAD yesterday to make sure my autopay was still in effect from Sobongo and asked about HD and the customer service rep said they had no plans for the return of HD but acknowledged they had a lot of complaints and requests for HD.

I was recording 241 at 3:30AM is recorded fine, and have had no problem with the AAD channels. If it went out it either was just for the one person, or a short time.

AAD told me exactly what amoni says above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts