No more LOS issues!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
I finally had a tree removed that was blocking / causing low signal from anything east of 79W. I now have a clear view from 43 to 148 w and the sg2100 seems to have no problem moving it that far each way. The tree was too close to the house/ driveway anyways and it was starting to cause cracks in the driveway so all around its good to have it gone. I had never seen a stump grinding machine before, I was amazed at how fast it turned the stump into mulch!

sound good - how much?

Others have discussed the costs before...
... you may be one of the first to get it done.

What sort of tree was it? Size?
And what did the overall job cost?

Can you rent that sort of equipment and do it yourself?

I paid $550 to have the tree removed, stump ground and two other trees trimmed. One of the trees that was trimmed had a very large branch about 18" across that was leaning towards my house removed, The other tree was basically just trimmed back a bit. I'm not sure what kind of tree it was that was removed. It was about 3ft wide at the base and probably about 30 to 35 feet tall. I live in the Dallas area. I'm not sure about renting the equipment as I would not have a way of hauling it around, so I did not look into it. The area I live in will pick up just about anything you place by the curb without question so there is a huge stack of branches out by my curb. I did not ask if it would cost more to have it hauled off because it wasn't necessary. Two other people on my block saw the tree action and also had removals done after they finished with mine. There was a total of 7 guys that did the work., with a couple of teenagers that swept up and bagged the much up etc.

All this talk of tree trimming and such, made me go outside and start cutting up all the branches and limbs we lost in a big ice storm 3 weeks ago. GO figure - 3 weeks ago we had over an inch of ice and today it is 85 out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.