No more Wrigley? Cubs ace asks for a new ballpark

Yes, very beautiful park! :up

Yes, I am really liking it. Also the name is just the best in baseball in my opinion. I didn't even know when they first mentioned the name that it was an insurance company. I just thought they came up with that name: "Great American Ballpark"

The only way fans will tolerate Wrigley coming down is if a new and better Wrigley went back up in the same spot. Wrigleyville is what matters. I don't know how that would be done exactly.

Of the new ballparks, I've been to PNC, Coors, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Miller Park, and Great American. Beautiful venues, however I find Great American pretty tight seatwise and is the biggest pain in the ass with people constantly crossing your line of sight. Miller is the most comfortable and PNC had the best food.

The only way fans will tolerate Wrigley coming down is if a new and better Wrigley went back up in the same spot. Wrigleyville is what matters. I don't know how that would be done exactly.

Of the new ballparks, I've been to PNC, Coors, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Miller Park, and Great American. Beautiful venues, however I find Great American pretty tight seatwise and is the biggest pain in the ass with people constantly crossing your line of sight. Miller is the most comfortable and PNC had the best food.

You ever made the voyage up North to see a game at Jacob's Field?

I've been to Wrigley many times over the years being only about 100 miles to the North.

How many pieces of falling concrete and overflows from the scarce bathrooms does it take to replace a stadium?

I'm as nostalgic as the next guy but there really does come a time when even the most iconic structure's begin to fail and fall apart.

While old County Stadium in Milwaukee was not an icon of the game it held many memories for me as a kid sitting the bleachers watching the last season of the Braves in town. It needed to go.

Concrete failing, electrical substation blowing out after several floods, handicap access issues, not enough bathrooms etc.

Miller Park is great! especially in April no more snow outs! The only thing missing is the smell of old beer and overcooked brats! That'll come soon enough.

You ever made the voyage up North to see a game at Jacob's Field?
No, but I hear good things about it and it's on my list, especially being so close. Maybe even squeeze in a game at Detroit while I'm up that way. Hopefully this season I'll get my chance - time and money are the key these days. :)

..Miller Park is great! especially in April no more snow outs! The only thing missing is the smell of old beer and overcooked brats! That'll come soon enough.
I lived in Menomonee Falls for a year between 2002-2003. Milwaukee is a pretty fun place. My first game at Miller was August 20th, 2002 - the night they celebrated the '82 AL Pennant, and my birthday as well. Got to shake Rollie Fingers' hand and drank my arse off. Had a blast (from what I remember).

What I like about Miller is all the tail-gating that goes on before and after games. They have all these upright cement culverts with grates on them out in the parking lot for people to dump their spent charcoal in. During a nightgame if you look out onto the parking lot you see all these culverts glowing and smoking. I haven't seen baseball fans anywhere like Brewer fans - just out having a good time enjoying the weather while it lasts. :D

Last edited:
I wonder, if Carlos wants a new stadium so bad, is he willing to donate his salary to do that. :rolleyes:

Kinda OT, but speaking of which, did you guys hear of that girl from Oklahoma that said she would pay back her scholarship if her basketball team didn't win a National Championship? Well, wouldn't you know it, Oklahoma lost and she was asked if she would follow through with the promise. Her answer was YES, but it would take time.

That's a very stand-up thing to do. And just think, even if she does go onto the WNBA, the median salary is only around 50k. To pay back a 4 year scholarship is no easy task with that salary and really she earned it and doesn't have to, but she is. Funny how you never hear of a Pro Men's player doing the same.

I've been to Wrigley many times over the years being only about 100 miles to the North.

How many pieces of falling concrete and overflows from the scarce bathrooms does it take to replace a stadium?

I'm as nostalgic as the next guy but there really does come a time when even the most iconic structure's begin to fail and fall apart.

While old County Stadium in Milwaukee was not an icon of the game it held many memories for me as a kid sitting the bleachers watching the last season of the Braves in town. It needed to go.

Concrete failing, electrical substation blowing out after several floods, handicap access issues, not enough bathrooms etc.

Miller Park is great! especially in April no more snow outs! The only thing missing is the smell of old beer and overcooked brats! That'll come soon enough.

Yep....! Exactly my point and something a player would never say because he might be branded some kind of traitor.

Kinda OT, but speaking of which, did you guys hear of that girl from Oklahoma that said she would pay back her scholarship if her basketball team didn't win a National Championship? Well, wouldn't you know it, Oklahoma lost and she was asked if she would follow through with the promise. Her answer was YES, but it would take time.

That's a very stand-up thing to do. And just think, even if she does go onto the WNBA, the median salary is only around 50k. To pay back a 4 year scholarship is no easy task with that salary and really she earned it and doesn't have to, but she is. Funny how you never hear of a Pro Men's player doing the same.
While that might be honorable I don't see why she feels the need to do that. When she signed her LOI was there a clause that OK had to win a title during her four years there?? She played all four years and will earn her degree. Sounds like she satisfied any possible requirements to me.

If the school does end up taking the money from her, I hope they do something like set up a scholarship in her name and not just put it back in the general fund....

Argument to English Dictionary

"I'm Just as nostalgic as the next guy but..." Translation>>> "I'm just as nostalgic as the next guy...no I'm not" :)

Renovation ? Total destruction of a structure.

Only on ABC does a make-over start by tearing down a place. :)

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)