no password access for parental control menu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

barret

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I am unable to access the parental control menu on my pansat 3500 sd. When I try to enter the menu, the password promt box does not come up, instead it jumps directly to the change PIN code screen. I can change the password and it will work on all of the other menus, as will the factory password, but the parental control menu will still not. I have tried switching receiver power off for 5 minutes and back on with no help. This is a new problem because I was able to enter parental control until last night. I have spoken with the guys at FTA Direct and to tech assistance at Pansat USA and they have not seen this problem. Can anyone help??

Thanks barret:confused:

did you downaload any new software into it?

Weird...when I go into dang near any menu on my Pansat, it asks for the password (0000)

no software. no codes. nothing. the only changes made were setting the clock, editting transponders, scanning and adding satellites.

barret

Tron.
Saved channel list. Did factory reset. Rentered satellites. Downloaded saved channel list. Still no access to parental control menu. All other functions are working fine.
barret

Go into the main menu and select system information. Then post that information in this thread. That will tell us if you have the latest Pansat firmware.

I am not sure that this is what you need. Pansat 3500s APIver:1.15N Bootver:7.0 Dec.06.2005 www.pansatusa.com. This came up under main menu.
Thanks barret

Have you downloaded the newest firmware from Pansat? Go to the Pansat website and download the newest firmware. Your bootver shows a Dec 6 date. There appears to be a newer version at the Pansat website.

Also, if the new software update doesn't do the trick, can you take a digital photo of the menu screens and post it here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)