No Picture, No Sound Experience

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flavorguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
This might be well known on this forum, but I thought I'd throw this out there...

I had a DTC-210 which suddenly developed a problem of no picture or sound. It would generate a menu and schedule guide. The satellite strength on all three satellites was 85-95...

I called DTV Tech Support. They dispatched a crew who determined that my DTC-210 receiver was bad. They sent me, to replace it, a H-10. I hooked up the H-10 (after noticing on the bottom that it said "refurbished") and started my system... again - no picture or sound, but I could see the menu and schedule guide. Satellite strength was good...

I called DTV Tech Support, who sent a third receiver and the same technicians back to my house... same problems...

Bottom line - IT WAS A FAULTY ACCESS CARD...

TO CHECK FOR A FAULTY ACCESS CARD ...

Take a working access card from a good receiver. Place it into your faulty receiver and tune to Channel 100. Channel 100 is always a default station and will always work whether an access card is paired to a certain receiver or not...

Epilogue - I called DTV and asked to speak to a Technical Service manager. I was shocked that in the numerous phone calls (at least 4) I had placed into DTV, the two field service calls, the two FedExed replacement receivers, the fact that hard resets did nothing, the fact that signal strength was good, and the fact that I COULD see a guide, no one at DTV suggested a simple swap of access cards... this would have saved DTV and myself two weeks worth of frustration as well as some major $...

My dilemma now is which two HD receivers do I send back... do I keep my original DTC-210, or do I keep one of the "newer" H-10's (although refurbished)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)