No picture or sound on joeys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mboron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Alaska
My friend has a 1H 2J setup that I helped him install. (no techs/installers in our area) It worked fine for four days, but this afternoon, both joeys just have a black screen. Their guides come up (with no graphics) but when you select the channel, you get the upper banner, then black. I've tried all the hard reboots, soft reboots, check switch, etc. with no change. He can still view TV on the Hopper, but the Hopper guide also has no graphics and his recordings don't show up under DVR, which might be because of the rebooting, but I'm not sure. The Hopper shows that both joeys are linked, with solid green moca signal. Any thoughts? I saw this very problem posted in the forum, but didn't see a solution in the thread. Thanks for any input.

If this happens to anyone else, it was a bad hard drive or related hardware in the Hopper. Replaced the Hopper and all is well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)