No playing with my dishes today.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Woke up to about 8 inches of snow this morning, no problem let me get a cup of coffee and I will broom it out. Next thing I know, 3 hours of freezing rain and 60 MPH winds and no more snow. Tried to broom it but it only looks like snow. It's frozen solid. Oh well supposed to get above freezing Tuesday. Who says it don't get cold in SC?
20220116_082303.jpg
20220116_082303.jpg

We got that crap here in Virginia Monday but it wasn't 8 inches. We got about 4 inches of snow then the sleet started and now it's got about a half inch crust of ice on the whole works. Bad part about it is there's more of it in the forecast for 3 days later this week??? WTF? [rolleyes]

We got about 4 inches of snow before the rain and wind started. Rain washed all the snow off the porch and stairs but left the stone driveway a slushy mess. Used tractor to plow most of it off then salted but what was left froze anyway. :(

Reactions: Keith Brannen
I plowed and plowed and plowed yesterday. But first had to trudge up a 1km road/hill to my neighbors home who happened to be in Florida. I'm 6'-5" and at times I was up to my knees in snow. Drifts were at least 1m deep and more.
Funny. One spot on his road there were all of these little spiders all over the snow acting like a day at the beach. Strange.
He had just put a V blade plow on his Kubota side by side. He used it once. I never did. But it was pretty slick.
I got to the point where I was getting surf curls peeling off the blade. Finding the right angles and stuff.
The snow was like sugar. Whiteouts and stuff. I plowed him out, my place. And 2 other neighbors.
All said my ass was whooped at the end of the day. Then it started sprinkling fine snow that melted as soon as it hit anything.

Attachments

• TerryHouse.jpg
    TerryHouse.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 111
Two days later took until 3 o'clock to attempt to get to work Trie d a t 10 and noon, but Ice way to heavy. Even at 3 PM ice was melting, but spent 15 miles wiggling my way to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts