No quality help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
Ok so I had my motorized dish remounted because trees were in the way. So when they remounted everything they the installers couldn't get any quality. They tried 2 different sat meters as well. Pole is plumb as well. We even tried two different lnbs. All we get is signal but no signal quality. My equipment is 76cm dish, coolsat5000, sg2100. Any help would be appreciated

If you get Signal Strength, LNB is prob good.
What Sat you aiming for?
In the receiver's Sat Setup menu, what do you have Listed?

If you get Signal Strength, LNB is prob good.
What Sat you aiming for?
In the receiver's Sat Setup menu, what do you have Listed?

we were looking for 97west. I said he should go to 74west my true south but he kept on telling me its too low and its best to go to a higher sat then track the ark. Also I forgot from my 1st post. Qph31 lnb. We did 3 swaps regarding the lnb. And they all showed signal no quality.

The highest sat IS your True South Sat, Horizons 2 @ 74 west for you.

Connect only to the "L" port on the LNB, either one, it doesn't matter.

Find the Sat for 74 west in your receiver and enter the following:

LNB: Standard / Single
LNB Freq / L.O.: 10750
Motor: USALS (enter you Lat and Long if you haven't done so)
Transponder: 11734

Have the Motor drive the Sat, then point the whole assembly to the proper Azimuth.
Since it was a working setup, you should not have to adjust the Motor or Dish angles.

A little update. Today I checked my mast and its not 100% plumb yet it cannot bend up and down. I put my satellite angle locator on it and it reads 92deg and the other side reads 94 deg. So my new question is if the mast isnt at 90deg all around will that cause me not to get any signal?

If you're using a motor, yes it will be a headache. If the mast isn't plumb, you won't be able to track the entire arc, you may get part of it. Better yank that one out, replant it. Brace it with blocks or boards until the concrete dries so it'll stay upright. It may work ok for a fixed dish though, would be an annoyance aiming, until you figure out which way to compensate for the 'lean'. lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts