No Red Sox In HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I live in CT, Sox are on NESN(623) all Sox games and studio stuff will be in HD this year, except on satellite. I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

Directv would have to carry the HD games for you to see them, and since it isn't happening, you'll need to pick up cable

wyatt9696 said:
I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

There is nothing they can do, they are bound by laws and contracts to enforce market agreements. Complain to the league the right's holder, and the FCC.

I prefer the guide: http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

A ton of people over at avs forums have been hounding directv about this, no luck yet

Being a Red Sox and Bruins fan I would love this channel. I don't expect it soon, but I hope when they get all their birds up and running, it will be added.

wyatt9696 said:
I live in CT, Sox are on NESN(623) all Sox games and studio stuff will be in HD this year, except on satellite. I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7077287&&#post7077287

Some guys at AVS came up with this solution. A way to get INHD for only 20 bucks a month. I guess the catch is if NESN HD moves off of INHD then you may be out of luck

D* or E* are my only hope to get NESN in HD. It's on the local cable companies lineup, too bad I live on the only street that doesn't have cable wired in the area. I'm about done with D*, E* has a lot more HD content and less HD-Lite. The only thing that could stop me from switching at this point would be an announcement by D* that they plan on carrying NESN - HD soon.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)