No RF out on the HR20? (And other technical Q's)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why skip to the end? If you want to stop watching, why not just press "stop"? To go back to the beginning with my 3412, I can press "stop", then "start from beginning". I believe my E* 721 and 508 had similar functionality.

What is "skip to hash"?

Skip to hash is when you're FWD or RWD you hit the 30 second skip button and it will go to the next hash, the little white 15 min mark on the progress bar.

There are times I start watching a show and fall asleep and wake up in the middle, and I hit the skip to end to start over.

I don't have "start from Beginning" on my DTIVO.

I don't have "start from Beginning" on my DTIVO.
That sucks. The 3412 has both "resume" and "start from beginning" buttons for each recorded program. I seem to remember my Dish DVR's having the same. But, I might be mistaken.

OTOH, I don't think I have a skip to hash. Although, there are hash marks on the progress bar. Maybe it's there, but I just don't know how to use it.

Been different without you.
I've been too busy arguing with the idiot who is running the HR20 "wish list" on dbstalk. The knucklehead removed "30-second skip" from the wish list because D* improved the 30-second "slip", and many users felt it was an acceptable workaround, even though many still want a true skip. Moron. (I expect no less from that place.)

Last edited:
I've been too busy arguing with the idiot who is running the HR20 "wish list" on dbstalk. The knucklehead removed "30-second skip" from the wish list because D* improved the 30-second "slip", and many users felt it was an acceptable workaround. Moron.

Earl?

OTOH, I don't think I have a skip to hash. Although, there are hash marks on the progress bar. Maybe it's there, but I just don't know how to use it.

Next time you watch a recorded show hit FWD then hit the 30 second skip button, if it doesn't skip ahead 15 min. you don't have it.

This is the stuff missing from the pit.

That's right. It's your ball, and I don't have to play anymore, if I don't like your rules. Well, you can't have any of my ice cream then!

I laughed when I read this.:D

Nah. He seems to know what he's doing.

You know. I was really getting kinda psyched about switching to D*. This lack of a true skip really took me by surprise. If I wasn't getting so psyched, I probably wouldn't be this disappointed.

Maybe they'll still fix it, adding one on the sly, like Tivo did. We'll see.

A. It's painfully ugly.
B. I want to get all the HD, especially the locals and RSN HD. (And anything else they add.)
C. It's butt ugly.
D. The Tivo guide can be kinda slow.
E. It's really really ugly.

I currently have 2 coax going to my Tivo receiver (HR10-250) for the HR20, I will need 3 correct since there is a Off-Air Antenna and 2 Satellite feeds in order to record 2 satellite feeds or I will only be able to record one Satellite feed with two lines correct?

I don't have HD but I'd want the mpeg4 programs also.

Tried to watch the playoff game last night on LILHD, mpeg4 right, totally unwatchable.........grainy, and on players fast movement.....it just blurred.
If this is mpeg4, what a disappointment, much better on ch82.

I currently have 2 coax going to my Tivo receiver (HR10-250) for the HR20, I will need 3 correct since there is a Off-Air Antenna and 2 Satellite feeds in order to record 2 satellite feeds or I will only be able to record one Satellite feed with two lines correct?

Yes, If you want OTA it will need to be a seperate line, you cannot Diplex with the new set up, ( you can for awhile yet, but your better to run a seperate line, so you don't have to change it later.)
Run 2 lines from the dish to the sat and one OTA coax to the OTA tuner on the back.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.