no sat tv for me for awhile

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine used to be beside the road and cars would hit rocks and they would hit my dish and pop out the panels. :( I finally just moved the dish location and went with a solid dish no more mesh. Thought my problems were over till a hail storm came. None like I'd ever seen in my 43 years. Now I have hail stone dents in my solid. Insurance did give me $200 to buy a replacement but I still haven't bothered to actually order it yet.

Last edited:
Damn, that really sucks. Talk to the sponsors here that sell CBAND, maybe they can assist you with a killer price.

Mine used to be beside the road and cars would hit rocks and they would hit my dish and pop out the panels. :( I finally just moved the dish location and went with a solid dish no more mesh. Thought my problems were over till a hail storm came. None like I'd ever seen in my 43 years. Now I have hail stone dents in my solid. Insurance did give me $200 to buy a replacement but I still haven't bothered to actually order it yet.

I have a $1100 deductible for all the hail damage, anyway, so I'm ordering another 12 footer. However, I can't understand why orders can't be processed faster. Skyvision says that my new 12 footer won't ship until next Tuesday even though I placed the order yesterday. It took 2 days for WSI to process my order for the 90cm dish. This isn't very good customer service, IMO. Even worse is that I can never get a real person to answer the phone at Sadoun or a call back. In the meantime, I guess I'll try to smooth out the damaged Paraclipse panels and see if I can get a picture.

i have a 7.5' sami and a 10' sami...both dishes are wonderful antennas. they work great. the 7.5' performs well on dvb s2 feeds.

The new dish that I just ordered from Skyvision is suppose to be a 12 foot Sami (that's what the salesman told me). We'll see how that works out. Looks like I'll need to replace the feed since I just discovered some hail damage there, also that blue cover over the feed probes was cracked along with some other indentations.

Last edited:
temporarily back in service

I managed to smooth out the panels enough to get the Paraclipse operational again. I doubt that it'll hold up in the long run but I hope it'll be OK until the new dish gets put up. I have a signal quality of 81 :cool: on the SyFy channel so I'm impressed as to how well a hail damaged dish can still perform. Oh, I forgot to mention that there are 4 panels that I didn't work on so there's no telling how much better the Q could be. And the wife is happy again now that we have spanish language programming again. :up Too bad all the C-band stuff isn't on Ku - it would be a lot cheaper and a lot easier to replace the antenna if a 1 meter dish would suffice. Anyway, I should turn in a claim for the Corotor II since it has some hail damage also. Tomorrow I'll be replacing some exposed telephone and internet cable that the hail damaged - the hail only knocked off the insulation.

I'm one upset dude. I got my new BUD today and although the salesman said that I'd be getting a Sami, I got another KTI CKD-12. My insurance agent is going to wonder why I was able to get another KTI antenna but not parts for the hail damaged KTI. You can't trust salespeople. I won't start work on the BUD until the insurance agent approves.

Anyway, I got my 90cm dish from WSI so I'll probably get that running this weekend.

Heh, Skyvision informed me that Sami is a KTI distributor. Anyway, it's good that I didn't try assembling the dish yet. We had another hail storm last night and it broke 2 windows and damaged the siding. A tornado touched down about 50 miles east of here. Where's that weather modification network that they mention in Star Trek?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)