No Sgnal on Topfield TF3000Fi, ok if loop-thru

RichardT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
The Topfield gives a "No Signal" message from the dish at the church, and gives the same message when connected directly to my Glorystar dish at home.

If I loop it thru the Geosatpro 1100, the picture comes thru beautifully, except for Glorystar01a and ch 14, GCN? (I don't recall the exact label).

What does that mean, that the Topfield is not providing voltage to the LNB?

Is there a Reset I need to perform?

Thanks,

Richard

Sounds like the receiver is not outputting voltage to power the LNBF. Check the SAT IN port for 13vdc on vertical transponder, 18vdc on horizontal transponder (+/- 10%).

You might try a factory reset to restore operation. If not, check with the company where the receiver was purchased for repair options.

There is 18+ vdc on the Sat In terminal. Is it possible that the two LNBF's installed on the Glorystar dish are somehow incompatible with the Topfield receiver?

The LNBFs are correct for the Topfield, but it is not programmed correctly to be connected to a two satellite GloryStar system. Connect only to the LNBF on the left (west) side (bypassing the 2x1 switch) or program the 22khz / DiSEqC 2 on the receiver for the Galaxy 19 programming.

Thanks. Connecting the Topfield to my Glorystar at home was only a debug test to determine if the receiver is working. I took my Geosat to the church yesterday, and got the "no Signal", and no signal quality and no signal strength readings, which according to the manual says the LNBF is not giving me a return. Voltage at the dish end of the cable was 19.6 vdc. I'm thinking that before I start re-aiming the dish, maybe I should get a signal level reading.

Now for a semi-related question: Since the Glorystar system is now receiving only one satellite, can I remove the AMC4 LNBF and the switch? It looks like my installation kit included a clamp for a single LNBF install; would there be a possible signal strength advantage to using the single clamp instead of the double?

You can remove the AMC LNB and mount the remaining LNB to the single bracket. You may see an increase in stength and quality.
Bob

Replaced the LNBF and cable on the Topfield at the church. Getting 13 channels, even when I set it up here at home. My Geosat pro gets 51 video channels plus radio. I would guess the 13-channel limit on the Topfield is a menu or software limit rather than hardware??? How do I get more?

The limit is 3000 channels, so you don't need to worry about running out of memory. It is not a hardware or software limitation. On Topfield's, you must manually scan the transponders to add channels.

You may reference the Galaxy19 Ku-band satellite at www.lyngsat.com for the channels that you wish to view and add and/or scan each transponder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)