No Signal, No Help from DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It amazes me that someone would take the time to find this website, sign up, then make those two posts as his first and second! :rant: Jeez, what an angry man!

I wonder how many more problems could be solved by this basic trouble shooting step. Sometimes we, as a group, tend to skip these important steps and go straight to the advanced trouble shooting.

Good call!

Some time ago I remembered reading a thread about losing the signal during a heavy rainstorm but the signal never came back after the rain stopped and someone replied to say - Unplug the AC power, plug it back in, and see what happens when it reboots.

I was surprised the DIRECTV CSR didn't tell the OP to do this. Maybe they did but the OP ignored it cause they were busy being ticked off that DIRECTV wouldn't send a tech. out. I guess it's a good thing they didn't send a tech. out over something as trivial as this.

I'm thinking that maybe the OP did unplug it when he was on the phone with the CSR, but it couldn't get a signal until the snow had melted off. Once the snow was gone, the system needed to be rebooted again.

I wonder how many more problems could be solved by this basic trouble shooting step. Sometimes we, as a group, tend to skip these important steps and go straight to the advanced trouble shooting.

Good call!

Isn't that the truth!

The other day I woke up, turned the TV on and ... nothing. Black screen. No matter how many buttons I pushed on the remote and on the box I couldn't get a picture.

I normally have the blue ring turned off.

That is until I hit the power button. I fell asleep on the couch rolled onto the remote and turned the power off. :eek:

Isn't that the truth!

The other day I woke up, turned the TV on and ... nothing. Black screen. No matter how many buttons I pushed on the remote and on the box I couldn't get a picture.

I normally have the blue ring turned off.

That is until I hit the power button. I fell asleep on the couch rolled onto the remote and turned the power off. :eek:

That never happened to me, I swear it! :eek::D

The CSR never told me to do this, she just kept insisting that it was the weather, and there was "nothing i could do". She nor her supervisor suggested anything at all.

That's why i was upset, never went through any steps, just "reset the receiver", well that didn't work, just wait until the weather passes. She's was really earning her minimum wage.

The CSR never told me to do this, she just kept insisting that it was the weather, and there was "nothing i could do". She nor her supervisor suggested anything at all.

That's why i was upset, never went through any steps, just "reset the receiver", well that didn't work, just wait until the weather passes. She's was really earning her minimum wage.

What steps was the CSR or supervisor supposed to go thru ?

If it was weather related and resetting the receiver(same as unplugging AC power, wait, plug it back in) didn't work what else was the CSR supposed to tell you ? :confused: If there's a heavy rain downpour, wet snow falling, or if the dish is covered with snow or ice what did you expect the CSR on the phone to do ?

In your case waiting till the weather passes and resetting the receiver is what fixed the problem.

What steps was the CSR or supervisor supposed to go thru ?

If it was weather related and resetting the receiver(same as unplugging AC power, wait, plug it back in) didn't work what else was the CSR supposed to tell you ? :confused: If there's a heavy rain downpour, wet snow falling, or if the dish is covered with snow or ice what did you expect the CSR on the phone to do ?

In your case waiting till the weather passes and resetting the receiver is what fixed the problem.

Resetting the receiver/dvr isn't the same thing as unplugging it.

Resetting the receiver/dvr isn't the same thing as unplugging it.

RBR = unplug !

I thought it was ......the button was put on the front of the receiver because it was often difficult to find or reach the power cord to reset the box.

What has changed?

Joe

Last edited:
RBR = unplug !

I thought it was ......the button was put on the front of the receiver because it was often difficult to find or reach the power cord to reset the box.

What has changed?

Joe

Unplugging the unit will purge some of the circuitry that a rbr doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts