No Signal on Line 1 or 2 Message Won't go Away

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Whenever I have a problem with my signal (rain fade, etc.), I get a message banner that pops up and says something like no signal on line one or two. Problem is that it won't go away, even when I tune to an OTA channel that I get just fine.

Is there a way to turn this message off or to set it to time out after a while. It is very annoying to have to constantly see this banner message.

Thanks for any thoughts.

The reason it does not go away is because that is happening on the other tuner and you would have to change tuners by pressing the live tv button and then change channels on that tuner.

i would check signal meter screen see if your missing any transponders, each line should have the same signal on each transponder if one doesn't match to 1st or second line. When the dvr changes to that channel on that one turners it will show that message if it fall under that transponder. If problem check above is on 101 most time it bad output on muiltswitch or loose connection from cable from dish or at the turner. From other sat locations it because line not getting correct info from the switch swap cable from turner point out bad output on muilswitch. Change option in the dvr to round dish for temp fix. you may lose hd programming or local.

The OP stated that he knows what the problem is (rain fade or other temp. problem). The problem is he wants the banner to go away. Problem is it won't go away unless the channel your other tuner is tuned to gets a signal, so, as someone else posted above, the best thing to do is change the other tuner to a channel that isn't affected (maybe a local, usually they have a stronger signal). Otherwise, the banner will stay until the signal returns (stupid, I know)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts