no signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well you sound experienced. But have you measured the diameter of the dish in two directions? I had an 8 foot solid that the guy I got it from had dropped. I tried rounding it with a come-along and c-clamps on the long axis, but that didn't get it round. I didn't get a signal until I strung a thin cable across the long axis and tightened until it measured round.

I don't have the lnb centering problem with my current Birdview , since it has six struts, but my prior big dish had three . That one took some bending and flexing per the use of a tape measure to center the scalar plate on the dish.

I guess meters have their place, but I have the best luck with a "beep on scan" receiver and wireless headphones. My particular method is, first determine how many clicks to a degree (like in your G-box or slaved receiver) - in my case it's 15. Then find your highest dish position ( which is, of course, where your dish should be aiming south) . Then find the satellite somewhat close to the due south position . Then move the dish actuator whatever the difference is - in my case, due south is 1.8 degrees off of the sat
I was trying to get. 1.8 x 15 = 27 clicks. Then without moving the actuator again, swivel the dish on the pole and move it up and down.

If you can mount a Ku lnb in there temporarily, maybe try to zero in on 110 or 119 w. These are high power and much more forgiving and might get you in the ballpark.

For beep on scan I use a Viewsat Ultra. I get a transponder that's hot, adjust slowly, and go for the highest pitched and most rapid beeps.

Good luck. You are missing the cool NFL HD feeds.

i did the string test before puting it up it was good just went out and measured in 3 places it is the same at all

I worked on one the better part of a afternoon without even a blip. Then I checked my receiver setup and found I had the lnb set to OFF. Check your settings!

FINALLY!!!!!!! Success after moving ele up and down and turning dish on pole E and w I moved lnbf in and out again finally got signal with it flush with scalar ring which put it 48" from center of dish.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)