No sound when watching recordings from one hopper on another

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigcarr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Idaho
I have had my 2 hopper (one w/sling) setups for a few weeks. Twice now, once on each hopper, there has been no sound when trying to watch a recorded show from the other hopper. Example, when I an on hopper 1 and I tried to watch a show recorded on hopper 2, there was no sound. I went to hopper 2 and started the same show and there is sound. After a reboot of hopper 2, I am able to watch the show from hopper 1 with no issues. This also happened the other way around as well, Watching hopper 2 and tried to watch a show recorded on hopper 1 and there was no sound until hopper 1 was rebooted. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

The best step at this point would be to submit it over to our operations team to look into. This is the first I have heard of that issue. I have sent that along, and should receive an update soon!

Are you listening directly from the TV's or through an audio system/receiver?

Any chance you are using a Pioneer receiver for your sound? If yes, cycle your inputs around and back to the DVR and sound will come back. An annoying but known bug in the Pioneer systems. :(

I've had this same problem, but was able to play something else locally for a few seconds and then try again and it works.

Oh, and no, I don't use an external speaker system.

This is directly through the TV speakers. It happened again last night. Next time I will try Benyth's work around. Thanks for looking into it TommyF! HWS is running 304 and the hopper is on 238.

I have had this problem as well, one of my Hoppers has HDMI going directly from the Hopper to the TV and the other has HDMI going from the second Hopper to the HDMI input of my Sony AVR. I have been able to get the sound to return by stopping the recorded show and then hitting the exit button on my remote. I would go back into the DVR menu and resume the show which had no audio and the audio and video would resume normal operation.

Both of my Hoppers are the older version 2000 and are on S238 software. I did not have this issue on prior software versions its only been since the most recent update to S238.

I've also had it happen a few times. Recording from the 2nd Hopper has no sound. Watching a recording from the current Hopper has sound. Both are 1st gen.

I have this problem all the time!! Dish has never been able to fix it or even acknowledge that it is a problem, it is really annoying! It drives me crazy. Oh and I watch it from the TV's sound. They said they sent the problem into dish operations support months ago still haven't fixed it.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I've also had it happen a few times. Recording from the 2nd Hopper has no sound. Watching a recording from the current Hopper has sound. Both are 1st gen.

I have this problem all the time!! Dish has never been able to fix it or even acknowledge that it is a problem, it is really annoying! It drives me crazy. Oh and I watch it from the TV's sound. They said they sent the problem into dish operations support months ago still haven't fixed it.

I'll send this over with the other two. If anyone else is having this problem, please post here so I can give them more examples. Would you two be able to try one of the other options mentioned and see if sound returns? The two posted so far were to reset the receiver, then try the recording again, and stop the recording and restart it.

I am having the same problem. No sound from a remote Hopper. However if I exit the first recording that has no sound play a recording that is native to that DVR and then go back to the first recording I get sound again. Both are Hopper with Sling.

I have had this problem as well, one of my Hoppers has HDMI going directly from the Hopper to the TV and the other has HDMI going from the second Hopper to the HDMI input of my Sony AVR. I have been able to get the sound to return by stopping the recorded show and then hitting the exit button on my remote. I would go back into the DVR menu and resume the show which had no audio and the audio and video would resume normal operation.

I got an update! They were unable to duplicate it, and have seen low volume regarding this issue. The more reports we get, the better.

I am having the same problem. No sound from a remote Hopper. However if I exit the first recording that has no sound play a recording that is native to that DVR and then go back to the first recording I get sound again. Both are Hopper with Sling.

Thank you! I have sent that along.

Not the same, but what I had last night was starting a recording on my HWS, that was playing of the older Hopper in the bedroom. Just got a black screen and could not skip or ffw'd, just got a red dot in the corner of the screen. Hit stop, went back to playlist, and then resumed, it played fine.

Happens to me too...no sound when I try to access the other hopper recordings or whatever channel is on pip when I hit play it goes to the pip channel with no sound...

After a few tries I can get it to work but I have noticed this happening

Happens to me too...no sound when I try to access the other hopper recordings or whatever channel is on pip when I hit play it goes to the pip channel with no sound...

After a few tries I can get it to work but I have noticed this happening

Thanks for the information! So when you're in PIP mode and choose a recording, rather than take you to the recording it just pops back onto the PIP channel but with no audio?

It seems to happen most when one hopper is recording using all three tuners then you try to access it from another hopper not a Joey it has to be a hopper to create this specific problem of no sound or no picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)