No sound when watching recordings from one hopper on another

Yes my setup is HDMI from the Hopper to a Sony AVR and HDMI to my Vizio TV. My second Hopper is just HDMI from the Hopper to Vizo TV in the bedroom and I have had the audio disappear on both setups. The work around that I use works in both the locations of my Hoppers. Are you on the current software S244 or are you on a different software version.

Well, I was thinking the audio problem might be with the AV setups only but I guess not. All my Hoppers are with Sling and S309 version. I turned on my Hopper this morning and already have the issue with a couple of recordings. When wife heads out to work I am going to experiment with the HDMI cable setup and see if I can narrow this issue down some to what might be causing this headache.

Well, I was thinking the audio problem might be with the AV setups only but I guess not. All my Hoppers are with Sling and S309 version. I turned on my Hopper this morning and already have the issue with a couple of recordings. When wife heads out to work I am going to experiment with the HDMI cable setup and see if I can narrow this issue down some to what might be causing this headache.

Connecting the HDMI cable from Hopper straight to TV the recordings work without having to reset the Hopper. But, the remote skip forward and back buttons still acted sluggish so did a reset to clear it up. Going to leave this setup (AV bypassed) for a couple of days to see how she behaves.

Connecting the HDMI cable from Hopper straight to TV the recordings work without having to reset the Hopper. But, the remote skip forward and back buttons still acted sluggish so did a reset to clear it up. Going to leave this setup (AV bypassed) for a couple of days to see how she behaves.

This morning all my recordings work OK, no sound issue. I am going to leave the HDMI cable connected straight to the TV and keep the AV receiver out of the mix. If any DIRT members would like for me to run any test for this issue I will be more than glad to perform whatever you want.

I have the sound issue intermittently . . using an optical digital cable. No sound, then I press Skipback (10-seconds) two or three times, then I get sound again. Kind of a hassle. Frequently have to use skipback to get audio on a program.

I noticed two more issues with the sound problem. When I skip forward or skip back the sound has about a five second delay before you hear it. Reset clears the issue. I have noticed the last couple days that the no sound and skip forward or back issues while playing a recording do not appear till after the overnite update is complete. Performing a red button reset clears the issues.

I find it happens when I watch a show in one room and then try to play it back in another room. Get audio if I exit ot and start over.

I find it happens when I watch a show in one room and then try to play it back in another room. Get audio if I exit ot and start over.

I have had that happen too, but lately it has been just the primary Hopper TV. This morning everything is working OK and the nitely update was done earlier. AutoHop hasn't set yet so will check again later on.

New info on sound issue. This morning my recordings worked with no issue, AutoHop was not available yet. This was around 02:50 AM, TV connected straight to Hopper. Later on after AutoHop showed up for the PTAT recordings the skip forward and back issue started happening. When you select one or the other there is about a five second delay before sound is heard while watching a recording. Sound coming from the TV is OK. Connected TV to AV and then to TV and both no sound and five second delay was happening. Performed a red button reset and both issues cleared up. So bottom line for my Hopper is the no sound and five second skip forward and skip back issue appears after the previous day’s AutoHop becomes available for the PTAT recordings with HDMI cable connected from Hopper to AV and then to TV. With TV connected direct to Hopper only the five second delay happens. My nitely updates are usually completed by around 01:30 AM. AutoHop doesn't usually show up till around 3 to 3:30 AM. Both issues happen on PTAT and non PTAT recordings.

Update info for sound issue. This morning with daily update completed and AutoHop not set yet on this same problem Hopper #1, the sound and skip forward and back buttons worked normal. In the red DVR drop down menu I selected a recording to watch from another Hopper #2. When I was finished I watched another recording from primary Hopper #1. The five second sound delay was back for the skip forward and back buttons, sound from TV was ok. Hopper is connected by HDMI from Hopper to TV. Did a red button reset, sound delay issue cleared up. This same scenario happened yesterday morning too. So bottom line (I think) for my Hopper is sound issue and five second delay issue doesn’t happen unless the DVR drop down menu is used to select a recording from another Hopper to watch and then return to the primary Hopper connected to TV and watch a recording.

I went to Hopper #2 and another Hopper #3 and watched recordings from Hopper to the primary TV and everything worked normal. Also from Hopper #2 and #3 I watched recordings from the other Hoppers and still no sound delay issues. I am beginning to think I may have this issue from only one Hopper, #1. If I connect Hopper #1 to AV receiver and then to TV by HDMI cable the no sound from TV issue returns along with the five second sound delay skip forward and back issue. I can tell the five second delay is there because I am listening thru a wireless headset connected to the composite RCA (red / white) ports. Also, this Hopper’s AutoHop sets much later in the mornings too compared to another Hopper that has PTAT enabled. Right now as I type on this same Hopper #1 yesterday CBS AutoHop still has not set for some reason, the other network channels are ok. The other Hopper that has PTAT enabled all AutoHops are set ok. Is any one else having the five second sound delay issue when the skip forward and back buttons are used?

Update, yesterday afternoon we watched a recording at the primary Hopper/TV from another Hopper for several hours. When done started to watch another recording from primary Hopper that is still connected by HDMI cable to TV. The five second skip forward and back sound delay issue was back. Performed red button reset and issue cleared up. I usually only have to do the reset just once a day in the mornings. Had to do it twice yesterday.

Update: I have narrowed down to two scenarios that the skip forward and skip back five second sound delay occurs. 1. After AutoHop is loaded for the previous nite's PTAT the sound delay is back. If AutoHop has not loaded yet there is no issue. 2. If I watch a recording from another Hopper and then watch a recording from the primary Hopper the sound delay returns. This happens both if AutoHop has not loaded yet and if it already has. Red button reset is the only fix that clears it up.

I noticed something like this for the first time last night. I'll have to try again today now that the hoppers were updated, but this is what happened.
Hopper connected directly to the TV via HDMI.
Play back Sons of Anarchy that was recorded on Hopper in other part of home.
Press pause.
Come back and press play. No sound.
Skip forward. No sound
Skip back. no sound
Press Forward or backward button then play. Get sound.

I haven't been watching much TV for the last few weeks and rarely watch show on one hopper recorded on another, so not sure how long this has been going on.

This happens to me occasionally when watching one Hoppers recordings from the other. I am still on the old software version. Usually I can clear it by going back to live tv a few times. Only once did I have to reboot to clear.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts