This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

No Sound, WHy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I am getting all sats with my BUD, 10 feet, Pansat 3500s, Ku/C lnb Corrotor II.

I have noticed some (few, 3 o 4) of the channels in some satellites I can get the picture with no problem but no sound. One of them I remember is the Tube (music channel), do not remember in which satellite thought.

But todya I just scanned AMC-1C and got this channels:

Freg 3862, H, V=2360, SR=28.347, Audio=0 (This data from Pansat 3500s).

Do I need to change a setting on my Pansat???

The Tube is on AMC3 and G3C, Both C-band, and I believe they both have AC3 audio, so you will need to use the AC3 passthru from your Pansat 3500 to a Dolby Digital decoder.

It is also available on G10R Ku, with PCM Audio, which the Pansat can decode natively.

Yep

Ac-3 is a different audio output. You need an audio receiver that can decode dolby digital and a receiver that can send out the stream.

The 3500 can send out AC-3…you just need an audio receiver to decode it

Does 2700A output dolby digital? It has SPDIF RCA connector which I hook up to my A/V receiver (yes, my receiver can decode DD/DTS). Stereo channels work w/o any problems. As soon as I try AC, no sound reaches A/V receiver. It is problem with all 2700A's or just my particular unit? TIA

the 2700 does output AC-3 but next time start a new thread....please dont resurrect old threads.

Status
Please reply by conversation.