no TP 31 on 211 w/1000.2

fishhead

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
I have a customer w/211 and a 1000.2, it has been a pretty flaky system from the beginning. I have done several and not seen the following problem.

I was re pointing the dish (wind took it out) and when I ran check switch the TP for 129 kept defaulting to TP 22, normally in this area (NW Montana its 31). When I tried to change it to TP 31 it was not there? It was not showing in the TP list at all?

Any ideas?

T31 on sat 129W was taken off the system a couple weeks ago, check the uplink reports, I am not getting that transponder either, I also think they took T6 down for a while off 129W but it has since been back up. T31 was the strongest one I was getting at about 63-65 on the new meter, now my highest transponder is T19 on 129W at about 50-52 on the new meter. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...activity-report-week-ending-09-01-2007-a.html

Transponder Changes:
Echostar12 61.5W TP 13 ConUS beam 8PSK removed from tables
EchoStar5 129W TP 31 ConUS beam 8PSK removed from tables

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I repeaked this one and got it in around 55. I am not sure what the optimum signal strength should be now but it seems to be holding up ok. This particular system has been pretty schizoid anyway- I have done a bunch of them and not had any problems.
Its actually a sales point for a retailer I install for and I think he had some stuff sitting around that he had me install because it was cheap. No telling where the stuff came from...

T31 on sat 129W was taken off the system a couple weeks ago, check the uplink reports, I am not getting that transponder either, I also think they took T6 down for a while off 129W but it has since been back up. T31 was the strongest one I was getting at about 63-65 on the new meter, now my highest transponder is T19 on 129W at about 50-52 on the new meter. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...activity-report-week-ending-09-01-2007-a.html

Transponder Changes:
Echostar12 61.5W TP 13 ConUS beam 8PSK removed from tables
EchoStar5 129W TP 31 ConUS beam 8PSK removed from tables

TP31 is still active signal wise but is void of video streams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)