Top 5 Ways To Save Money With Dish Network!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishNtwkBoy12684

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Here are some easy ways to save money:

1. $5 Monthly Phone Access Fee:

2. $5.95 Monthly Average Warranty Fee's: Dish has variety of warranties. If your a good responsible customer, I personally would not get any warranties, cause pending on the warranty it could save $10-20 each month. But, If you are a customer who eats like a slob watching television, bangs on the equipment, then I definalty would stick with the receiver.

3. Movie's and PPV'S: Put llocks on your equipment, so you can prevent your kids from ordering with the remote. Easy thing to do is to call Dish and lower your credit limit from $100 to a set number or none!
Average movie is 2.95 to 4.95 monthly. PPV's range up to 29.95

4. Get the DISH FAM 19.95/mo. Its cheap, it's family oriented. You still get some good stations.

5. Take the offers for free Showtime, HBO, Cinemax instead of subscribing. It saves around 14.99 per month.

That was some easy ways I could think of! Hope it helps!

LOL...forgot to add to $5 access fee. Way to get around that is to have phone line connected to your receiver or Dish will charge $5 to view programming each month!!!

#6, if bill gets too high, email ceo@e*.com to complain that someone lied to you. Blame in on the csr, installer, Ahmadinejad, terrorists, Kim Jong Il, Whoever. Should be good for $10/mo for 12 months

:D

Actually, I think mine trumps every legitimate idea on your list, as it seems to be the most popular. Therefore, mine should be #1. Make it so. Besides, nobody wants to be bothered by hooking up those pesky phone lines.

New customers can't do it, but I got AT60 in 1999 and have paid yearly and got a month for free. I always renew in January and got locked in for another year, before the February price increases.

Also, I've always used OTA and a stand alone TiVo with a Lifetime Subscription. I got one stand alone TiVo with a Lifetime in 2000, sold and upgraded in 2003. I got nearly 4 years of TiVo service for about $70 total. The second Lifetime has paid for itself, and it now actually worth more than when I got it, since it cannot be purchased from TiVo any longer.

The best way to save money if you are not the sort of low income subscriber targeted by the original poster is....

DVR Advantage

If you have a DVR (that is not a 501, 508 or 721), this saves you roughly $4 a month.... plus.... you get additional savings on Premium packages, because they are only $10 a month additional. That's a $5 a month savings on HBO, for example.

Also, I forgot to say I have a 322 with a modulator for TV1. So, I can watch everything from any TV in the house. The second tuner has no monthly mirroring fee.

Of course, I own all of my equipment.

If you do get the Fam pack but then add HD, do you get all the HD channels available except for maybe vs which requires the stupid AT250?

If you do get the Fam pack but then add HD, do you get all the HD channels available except for maybe vs which requires the stupid AT250?
If an SD channel is on Dish Network, then you can only get the HD version of that channel if you subscribe to the SD channel.

For example,

To get HBO-HD you must subscribe to HBO.

To get AnimalPlanet-HD you must subscribe to Animal Planet.

To get your local NBC-HD you must subscribe to your local NBC.

etc.

The HD package otherwise includes all HD channels that do not have an SD equivalent, such as:

- all the Voom-HD channels
- HD-Net
- HDNet-Movies

DVR Advantage

If you have a DVR (that is not a 501, 508 or 721), this saves you roughly $4 a month.... plus.... you get additional savings on Premium packages, because they are only $10 a month additional. That's a $5 a month savings on HBO, for example.

HUH Not a 721?? I have a 721 and I have the DVR Advantage and I save $3.98 a month.

$5 phone line fee ( programming access fee)
and DVR Advantage are two good ways to save money

other ways to save money...

if you are going to order a ppv use your remote or go online
automated phoneline fee $1, through CSR $5 fee

also if you are having signal loss issues, call in to document the issue, TSRs and CSRs are only allowed to give you time without service adjustments from when you call in originially and have the issue documented. So if you have signal loss in september don't wait until october to call in and expect a full month's credit.

try to avoid paying through a CSR if possible, there is a $5 fee, or $9.99 for check by phone, the website and automated phoneline are there to take payments for free. (there are some cases where you won't be charged through a rep, like upgrading)

avoid making frequent programming downgrades, find out what you want and keep it, when you downgrade your package there is a $5 fee.

avoid being late... $5 fee

if you have multiple dvr recvs, top 250 and one or two movie premiums the america's everthing package may be worth looking into. the everything package removes the dvr fees, so you may in fact be able to add programming and save money

The best way to save money on E* is to become a D* or Comcast subscriber!!! :D

Sorry, I usually just read these forums but this deserved a comment. I had comcast at one time, about the same cost as Dish network for me. Only problem was that after a year and a half of promises from Comcast that they were going to go all digital I just gave up. The analog channels (2 through 50) looked like something you stream from a bad internet connection, completely unwatchable.

Ok, i will go back to lurking again.

Always lock down the PPV so you have to call to get them. I was getting charged for movies I never ordered every other month, and had no defense. I mentioned it to the tech who was recently here to put in a new 722 and he said that Dish will randomly put PPV movies on customer's bills to make more money since there is no way to prove you didn't order it. I wish I had a tape recorder....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)