No UHF Remote on Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
I was on the Yahoo Groups Voom forum and the question was asked about the UHF remote control to the Head Engineer. Here is the Question and Answer given.

Q: Wilt is the reason that UHF remote option will not be avalible
because of the remote itself Cablevision has chosen to use? The
Voom remote looks almost identical to the Cablevision Digital Cable
remote, and that one is only infared. Will the remote being distributed with new systems have UHF capabilities in it - Or will that remote coming with new systems just have IR capabilities?

A: We wanted to build in UHF capabilities into the platform for some of the things we have in mind for further development.
The only remote in the short term is the IR--the fact that it looks like iO's is some parts coincidental and some parts timing and pricing--we used a pretty similar template and the same vendor.
Time was the critical factor, followed by price.
Wilt

Its a shame because there is a UHF output on the back of the box for an antenna type attachment like Dish Networks receivers.
For $750 you would think they wouldn't skimp on such a feature. Just makes me wonder what else has been sacrificed.

Maybe the receiver does have UHF capability but they just did not make UHF remotes. This reminds me of the extra inputs on the back of the 721 that have never been used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)