NoaaPort Setup

Nexrad2

Original poster
Sep 21, 2020
oklahoma
Good day to all, I am using the birs to try and use the Galaxy 28 bird using the Lnb and Novra 300n. I have enclosed picture of the lnb and it orentientation is west to east. the Picture is taken facing North. any input on this is greatly appreciate on this matter. Thanks Dumas weather

Attachments

• sat nooaport.txt
    356 bytes · Views: 271
Thanks, I have those settings correct. I am using the Norsat 8520 LNB I am cannot lock onto Transponder. I have been told that this is the wrong lnb. a 3220 and 3120 are the correct for the receiving singles. Thanks

Reactions: c-spand
Thanks, I have those settings correct. I am using the Norsat 8520 LNB I am cannot lock onto Transponder. I have been told that this is the wrong lnb. a 3220 and 3120 are the correct for the receiving singles. Thanks
Ever have any progress with this? I am a trained storm observer and would like to get into this. I don't see why you couldn't receive the signal with a Titanium LNBF.

My son wants to receive NOAAport but I'm confused as to what hardware and software is needed. Can any DVB-S2 receiver (i.e osmio4k) be used or does it have to be a specific type? The osmio4k does see the 4040 MHz transponder on 89W but nothing gets scanned in. I downloaded some kind of software that runs on Linux that I got from NOAA that is used with noaaport and the filename was ldm-6.13.16. I was able to build the program(s) but I'm not sure of how to use it. I don't plan on dedicating any of my 12 footers to this project. By the way, the 12 footers use LNBF downconverters.

Reactions: c-spand
My son wants to receive NOAAport but I'm confused as to what hardware and software is needed. Can any DVB-S2 receiver (i.e osmio4k) be used or does it have to be a specific type? The osmio4k does see the 4040 MHz transponder on 89W but nothing gets scanned in. I downloaded some kind of software that runs on Linux that I got from NOAA that is used with noaaport and the filename was ldm-6.13.16. I was able to build the program(s) but I'm not sure of how to use it. I don't plan on dedicating any of my 12 footers to this project. By the way, the 12 footers use LNBF downconverters.
I'm not an expert on the subject but I believe that most people use a computer card/USB receiver.

Are the different "channels" for different satellite views (GOES E, GOES W) weather images?
Might have to play with this too...

You guys are into it just about as far as me.
How 'bout someone scratch my back for a change?
At first it looks like a dvb card is mandatory because you need to use udp porting within the software that communicates with it.
Maybe y'all could use your favorite search engine and slap in something like "using noaaport with enigma 2 receiver".
Or what about hitting up eBay for the cheapest dvb card mentioned that will work. Santa didn't bring my TBS card.

• Haha
Reactions: comfortably_numb
You guys are into it just about as far as me.
How 'bout someone scratch my back for a change?
At first it looks like a dvb card is mandatory because you need to use udp porting within the software that communicates with it.
Maybe y'all could use your favorite search engine and slap in something like "using noaaport with enigma 2 receiver".
Or what about hitting up eBay for the cheapest dvb card mentioned that will work. Santa didn't bring my TBS card.
FYI just I did port scan on my mio. Nothing udp related turned up.
Anyone else got their red ball jets on yet?

I'm not an expert on the subject but I believe that most people use a computer card/USB receiver.
I want something that does more than data. I've looked around and I have seen receivers that were over $1000. My son will just have to get a job if he wants to do this.

What do you mean?
Even this is a little above my head. It's making sense that a dedicated receiver or a dvb card in a pc is needed.
Our receivers do a good job at providing audio and video to tv's and over our LAN.
And letting us look at and manipulate the file system with FTP. Using tcp/ip ports 80, 22, 23.
Probably a few others. If you've used a torrent client you're well aware that they need a connection using a specific port or range of ports. On a side note. Torrent client applications will find and "map" ports through your router and you've seen the Windows firewall notification. How about an airPORT?
You can go anywhere you want in the main terminal (your Internet). But unless Lufthansa allows you through their port, you're stuck.
Same with Quantas. Get a ticket, you're allowed through their port. One airport (TCP/IP) many ports for data transfer (65535 of them there suckers). Or the exec. section with special ports for the Learjet.
Remember The Matrix and the big white halls with doors that mysteriously open?
Seraph opened a door (port) for Neo to enter and firewalled it so nobody else could.
OK?
So read this:

It's looking like and internal card or dedicated receiver is mandatory. The receiver costs a lot of hard earned samolians. Agree?

As for the Red Ball Jets. They made you run faster, jump higher, and stop faster than anyone else. Slap on a pair and tell me what you find out.

Reactions: k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)