Status
Please reply by conversation.

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi All,

I have a DirecTV HD DVR HR20-700 with software 0xbe. Unless we change the screen from "Standard" to "Fill" on our Westinghouse 42" HD monitor, there is noise that runs at the very top most portion of the screen.

Is this a defect of the TV, or of the HD box?

Thanks...

Michael

I had the same thing happening to me, it looks like when you use to have a VCR playing and the tracking was off. I messed with a few of the television settings and I found something that when I turned it off it stopped. OSD or something like that, don't remember exactly. Good luck.

I had the same thing happening to me, it looks like when you use to have a VCR playing and the tracking was off. I messed with a few of the television settings and I found something that when I turned it off it stopped. OSD or something like that, don't remember exactly. Good luck.

I didn't see any OSD menu option, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks...

Mike

Hi All,

I have a DirecTV HD DVR HR20-700 with software 0xbe. Unless we change the screen from "Standard" to "Fill" on our Westinghouse 42" HD monitor, there is noise that runs at the very top most portion of the screen.

Is this a defect of the TV, or of the HD box?

Thanks...

Michael

The TV overscan is not adjusted correctly, most likely the picture vertical positioning is slightly incorrect. The "noise" that you are seeing is the data that is caried in the interscan space.
Some TVs have this adjustment available in the user controls. Others need you to go into the service menu, or have a technician do the adjustment.

FYI LCD projector, DLP, and old tube TV cut off edges of your screen (so called overscan). However Plasma and LCD TVs may show you the whole screen
(say 1920x1080 will show like 1920x1080 on plasma/LCD, but DLP or old tube
TV will show you only portion of the signal - like 1800x1000)...
So I have Dish HD receiver vip622 and I had to adjust overscan to see the entire widescreen
guide on my LCD projection Sony TV... (settings Overscan - set to -1).
Now some TVs may not have that setting...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)