Non-stop problems with HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I will check when I go home tonight. Is this a common problem?

Directv recommends using solid core from the lnb to the power inserter to avoid voltage issues. I have read that voltage issues can be the cause of dropped connections. It's certainly worth looking at as a cause. Solid core cable is much more expensive and can be difficult to source locally. Don't expect to find it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Directv recommends using solid core from the lnb to the power inserter to avoid voltage issues. I have read that voltage issues can be the cause of dropped connections. It's certainly worth looking at as a cause. Solid core cable is much more expensive and can be difficult to source locally. Don't expect to find it at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Well, I looked at it, and it looks like it is just copper. I looked at the color, and it appeared to be completely copper. Even if it isn't, and this is the cause of the dropped connections, should the clients be able to re-connect with the HR34 without having to do a red button reset? This is what leads me to believe that it is an issue with the HR34 itself.

That should be scrape, not scrap!

No, I didn't I will try that tonight when I am home.

However, I did try a different test, which goes back to what I said earlier. I completely disconnected the cable from one of the clients. This obviously disconnects it from the HR34. Then I reconnected, and the client worked fine without having to reset the HR34.

BTW, one other thing, I have an 8-way splitter but only really need a 2-way splitter to go to the HR34 and HR21. So 6 spots are empty. Could that cause issues?

First make sure all the empty ports are terminated with 75 ohm terminators. If your coax cables are good quality then the output signal from the LNB "supposed" to handle all 8 ports. Just remember, each port attenuates the RF signal by an additional 50%. If you have only 2 receivers I would definitely replace the 8 ports splitter with a 2 way only.

BTW, I had a 34 for 2 months (as a new customer) and also experienced endless problems until they replaced it with a 44.

First make sure all the empty ports are terminated with 75 ohm terminators. If your coax cables are good quality then the output signal from the LNB "supposed" to handle all 8 ports. Just remember, each port attenuates the RF signal by an additional 50%. If you have only 2 receivers I would definitely replace the 8 ports splitter with a 2 way only.

BTW, I had a 34 for 2 months (as a new customer) and also experienced endless problems until they replaced it with a 44.

They are definitely not all terminated. But I will replace it anyway with a 2-way splitter.

Ok, it happened again.
I didn't change my splitters yet, so technically it still could be that.
My cables are pure copper.
With that being said, here is what happened:
Both clients lost the connection this time. They both worked yesterday, so I will assume that whatever is causing this, caused it for both clients at the same time.
I had to reset my router today. I also tried to watch some OTA chanels today which I rarely do. I have an am21 connected to the HR34.
I thought maybe one of those 2 events triggered the problem. Before red button resetting the hr34, i noticed that my nomad status light was yellow, indicating something was wrong. This seems to coincide with the clients losing connection. After resetting the hr34, nomad light turned blue.
now, this really leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my hr34.
Any thoughts?

I had problems with losing signal and it was because my LNB/eye was bad. Tech replaced it and no problems since.
I know this won't solve the client problems but it might solve your losing signal problems.

A problem with some ISPs/routers that redirects the "local" IP addresses has been reported. Try disconnecting the system from your router (of course you will lose internet) and see if the problem goes away.

A problem with some ISPs/routers that redirects the "local" IP addresses has been reported. Try disconnecting the system from your router (of course you will lose internet) and see if the problem goes away.
Interesting. I am using comcast for internet.
One other thing, when this problem happens, the hr34 and clients, cannot see the playlist from the hr21, until I reset the hr21. Its like something is completely messed up here with my DECA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts