noob diseqc and quad lnb setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satseeker

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Ok, my user guides don't tell me crapola. Where can I find/how do I configure the settings for an invacom qph-031 quad lnb with a single port diseqc switch - 4 inputs from the lnb and one output to my viewsat plat receiver? what do I enter during the antenna setup? does the port setting matter? what about 22k? my reciever only shows diseqc 1.0 and not 1.2. does this matter? do I flash the bin?

i'm lost. if there's a good online, please point me to it. i'm pulling out what's left of my balding hair. :>)

thanks!
eric

Do not have a Viewsat receiver.....

The QPH-031 is a Standard LNBF on the linear side so on port one (#1) in antenna set up your L.O should be set to 10750.
(22KHz Tone should be OFF when using a Standard LNBF)

On the circular side the L.O. would be set to 11250, on port two (#2)

You only need to use two outputs on the QPH-031 for one receiver, so a 2 way DiSEqC switch would have worked for you, but the 4 way switch will be handy if you ever add a 2nd receiver!

Last edited:
too bad 2 way switches are hard to find :(
and if you find them, they are more expensive than the 4x1

You can also use a 4 x 4 22k DirecTV style multiswitch, since the linear side of the QPH is standard (L.O. 10750). Run the two circular outputs from the LNBF into the two 22k inputs on the 4 x 4 switch and the two linear outputs from the LNBF into the two 0k inputs on the 4 x 4 switch. In setup, your circular satellites are 22k on, L.O. 11250 and your linear are 22k off, L.O. 10750. You can run four receivers off of that switch, and all four can see either polarity independently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts