Norsat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elcheca1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Dominican Republic
Hi, I do not know if this question is ridiculous, but I need to know if placing 2 lnb norsat in a primary focus antenna can travel the arc without having to skew as it is done with a double polarity digital lnb I do not know if you understand me Question

IF the skew for the lnbf is set properly to 0 at your TRUE SOUTH position, then as the polar mount turns either East or West, the lnb feed will automatically skew the proper amount for each satellite.

Follow the install instructions for this, it's more or less the same with any feed.

http://titaniumsatellite.com/downloads/Guides/LNBF Install Guide.pdf

Reactions: truckracer
that's right, I also do it in a primary focus antenna with a digital lnb of 2 polarities and I go through the whole arc, the restlessness I only had it with the lnb Norsat because I do not know much about them
a friend did the test and going through the arch he lost the satellites

that's right, I also do it in a primary focus antenna with a digital lnb of 2 polarities and I go through the whole arc, the restlessness I only had it with the lnb Norsat because I do not know much about them
a friend did the test and going through the arch he lost the satellites

That can only happen if things aren't set properly. Either his polar mount isn't right, OR, he didn't originally set the skew at exactly 0 when the polar mount was at his TRUE South (NOT your True South SATELLITE, your sites True South). It's easy for that to happen, if you don't account for the magnetic variance at your dishes location.

the antenna of my friend is well at all, with a lnb of the traditional runs through the arch and has the true south, only has problems with the norsat

the antenna of my friend is well at all, with a lnb of the traditional runs through the arch and has the true south, only has problems with the norsat

SOME lnb's have their internal antennas at different positions. It could be at 9am, OR 12pm if you are comparing to a 12 hour clock face. Normal would be 12pm. So have him try rotating it to 9am, when the dish is at the True South.

Hi, I do not know if this question is ridiculous, but I need to know if placing 2 lnb norsat in a primary focus antenna can travel the arc without having to skew as it is done with a double polarity digital lnb I do not know if you understand me Question

Are you asking about a dual C-Band LNB feedhorn with no polarity servo like a Bullseye? If so it is possible not to have a skew controller with that particular feedhorn using two LNB's.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)