Not able to hop through commercials for past week

Ned Dorsey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
Reno
Since about Sunday, May 12 my Hopper no longer shows the red Hopper indicator on PTAT recordings, nor prompts to hop through commercials when starting to play a recorded show. I assume I would see a 100+ page thread here if Dish abandoned the hopping feature, so my Hopper must have a problem. Did a setting get changed that I can't find? I had to do a reset this morning because no tuners showed up after pressing the red remote button - maybe that will fix it?

Be sure that Yellow+5+2 shows PrimeTime Anytime Enable and under PrimeTime Setup there are at least one of the Channels and one of the Day of Week dots checked.

I choose only 2 days to keep and pick Channel and Day of little/no use. This is so I can move all/any events to my EHD right away without waiting 2 to 8 days.

-Ken

[FIXED] Not able to hop through commercials for past week

Thanks for the tips. The reset I did yesterday morning via the red button on the front of the Hopper fixed the problem. As of last night, Monday night's PTAT recordings showed the red kangaroo. Unfortunately prior days shows don't show the red kangaroo - but I can live with that as the recordings fall off the list over the next week.

I have everything checked except for Sundays. I move everything I want to keep at 4:30 am every morning after I get my morning coffee. Still no auto-hop and programs are disappearing now. Only 18% of DVR used.

My reset button does nothing. I tried it. I went home last night, turned off prime time (6:00 PM), unplugged hopper and joey, left them unplugged for 30 seconds, plugged them back in and looked at my settings. Prime time was still enabled on the Joey but not the Hopper. I thought if you turned it off on the hopper it also turned it off on the Joey. So anyway, I turned it off on the Joey separately from the hopper so they both had it off, unplugged everything from the wall, let it sit, plugged it back in and re-enabled Prime Time. This morning, programs were there, but still no autohop. It simply does not work on my account no matter what I do to reset anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts