Not Again!!!!

nanaberry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Galion, Ohio
Please don't get me wrong I love Voom but I have been through installation hell since the 1st part of Jan. I was to have Pro-star do my install Jan 5th A.M. no show...I called them reset the date for Jan.13th A.M. , no show....I call reset for Jan 17thA.M. , canceled.... reset for 28th....no show ...I call reset for Feb 3rd.p.m. believe it or not reset for Feb 9th hooked up ,forgot OTA antenna, Feb 11th supposed to hook up OTA reset for Sunday Feb 13th. Was here till way after dark and couldn't get any OTA channels. I posted on here and was contacted through my post and someone came right away and within a few hours got some OTA channels for me. 1 reciever was bad so they said they would contact Voom and get it for me. He had to change several mistakes Prostar made. Well he emailed me Tuesday and said my reciever would be in Wed or Thurs....now to top it all off Prostar called me yesterday about my box swap and wants to send the guy who screwed up several times before.I ask about the OTA and they said all they was to do was a box swap. Will it ever end? I just want the last tech that was here to come back, he knew what he as doing and I was sure that when he left all my OTA troubles would be over. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this hopefully before they bring my new reciever and mess up all the good work that was just done.

nanaberry, in case TYORK isn't around today, you have every right to tell ProStar that you no longer wish to have them involved in your installation, and tell Installs Inc. that you want the last tech to finish the job he has begun, if you have faith in his work. Since you have an email from him, I would hope it would be a simple matter of telling Installs Inc., this is the guy I want.

Good luck! Vicki

nanaberry,
We have a lot of complaints posted on this forum about ProStar. They are not very responsible to say the least.
Call Installs Inc. (not VOOM!) and insist on not sending ProStar to you. This is your right and there are other installers in Ohio.
Good luck!

I thought V* had dumped Pro-Star a long time ago. Call Installs Inc. and tell them you want Instant-Lations. They are very good, and this is probably who you had previously. They have been doing V* for about a year now, and have had to clean-up numerous messes from other installers. He did my daughter's install in Wellington, Ohio about 3 weeks ago, and did a super job,

Yes, nanaberry, as others have stated call Installs, Inc....

nanaberry said:
Please don't get me wrong I love Voom but I have been through installation hell since the 1st part of Jan. I was to have Pro-star do my install Jan 5th A.M. no show...I called them reset the date for Jan.13th A.M. , no show....I call reset for Jan 17thA.M. , canceled.... reset for 28th....no show ...I call reset for Feb 3rd.p.m. believe it or not reset for Feb 9th hooked up ,forgot OTA antenna, Feb 11th supposed to hook up OTA reset for Sunday Feb 13th. Was here till way after dark and couldn't get any OTA channels. I posted on here and was contacted through my post and someone came right away and within a few hours got some OTA channels for me. 1 reciever was bad so they said they would contact Voom and get it for me. He had to change several mistakes Prostar made. Well he emailed me Tuesday and said my reciever would be in Wed or Thurs....now to top it all off Prostar called me yesterday about my box swap and wants to send the guy who screwed up several times before.I ask about the OTA and they said all they was to do was a box swap. Will it ever end? I just want the last tech that was here to come back, he knew what he as doing and I was sure that when he left all my OTA troubles would be over. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this hopefully before they bring my new reciever and mess up all the good work that was just done.

and get back your good tech. We banned the first company who did our "install". VOOM through Installs, Inc. got someone reliable and we've been enjoying HDTV via VOOM ever since...

under completely clear "Drought Emergency Declared" Seattle skies, Gill

nanaberry said:

email this problem to Jeff, jyukie@installs.com he is the field manager in the ohio area he will take care of you just tell him Teresa told you to contact him.

tyork

nanaberry said:
thanks everyone the problem is taken care of

I had almost the identical problem you did back at the end of February--but here in SD, not in your part of the country, so I really do empathize with what you had to go through.

We still have to emphasize with service calls to VOOM to ask Installs, INC NOT to send the first installer. We are only having one service call since the final, successful installation (although somethings the first installer did are still in question)--that is due today to try to tweak the OTA, since we don't qualify for an upgrade (for whatever reason), but, we are enjoying VOOM and hope that, for others ordering VOOM (such as our friends and neighbors) that they will definitely ASK for and GET the second installer (Clarity, Inc).

We are going to order some brochures to give out at our VOOM parties and we will put the name/address/phone of the 2nd installer and emphasize to them to ask for that as their FIRST Installer.

Thanks to others on this forum who put me in touch with Field Reps and Area Supervisors, I got the 2nd installer, but there is a lot that the first installer did that is difficult to undo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)