Not happy, being forced to leave Dish.

OK, after reading all these posts I am more confused than ever. If I have Dish scheduled to come out and install a Eastern Arc dish and I can only get Charlottesville locals that are on the 129 sat, does that mean I will have one dish pointing to the three Eastern Arc sats for my "Dish" channels and a separate dish pointing at 129 for my locals? If so, will this work with my current cabling or will it require additional wiring/equipment? I have 2 HwS receivers with 4 Joeys.

You will have a dish pointing towards 61.5 and 72.7(unless you have Spanish programming) and once the tech leaves, you "move" or change your address to one in the EA DMA.

Reactions: TheKrell
But the SD channels would require a second dish pointing at 129 right? I understand that people "move" all the time, but I really do not like having to play a system to make things work. I prefer to follow the rules no matter how silly they might be.

No. It would be your original dish looking at 110,119. I haven't looked up your DMa but in most cases, HD on 129 and SD on 110.

OK, that actually makes more sense as I lose the HD signal almost constantly but only lose the SD locals on occasion. Still, with two dishes would it require additional equipment or would it be two feeds from the EA dish and one from the WA feeding the existing three inputs. Wow, trying to keep this straight really makes me appreciate the members of this forum.

In all honesty, you would just need the EA dish after you "move" but you would want the other dish until the tech puts in the EA dish. You can get away with just one dish, EA, as long as you change your service address to one that is in a EA DMA. You listed three that you said were on EA, so if you get an address within there, then all your channels would come off 110/119/129 on the two EA sats. The only thing you would run into would be if you had SD equipment, then it doesn't work with EA satellites. Only MPEG4 equipment does which is VIP and above.

OK, confused again. I thought that the EA sats were 61.5, 72.7 and 77. If so, that means one dish pointing at these three birds and my existing one pointing at 110 for my SD locals. If this is right then how do I get feeds from all three sats into my existing system?

If he has a tech come out to his address, and change to EA, and then calls in and "moves"... That will work. The question is, will the technician be willing to do that, and considering his area, I am assuming they have them in stock and likely will do it.

I agree, but I doubt Dish will come out and put him on EA. They already told him he wasn't eligible for EA.

Actually, two people told me that but the last one scheduled me for a EA install as long as I pay for it. The issue I am having is trying to understand what I will actually end up with in terms of dishes, equipment, and programming.

Long run answer... You will get a 1000.2 EA dish which is only 61.5 and 72.7. Because it is Mpeg4 only, it can do everything 110/119/129 does with both Mpeg2/4. 77 is some Conus locals, and mostly used for Spanish programming, so if you have an American package, you do not need 77(which would come from a 1000.4EA Dish). The 1K.2EA is a 2 eye lnb. Because you would be changing your service address in Dish system(and not telling them that is what you are doing), you would be EA only and no longer need the 110/119. So all you would need would be that 1000.2EA Dish and a fake address in the other DMAs that you listed earlier. My favorite when I was taking calls(I loved RV'ers creativity) was 1234 Main St, or 123 Fake St. It made things entertaining for me.

So if I do not want to "move" I will still be able to get the EA on two sats and my SD locals on 110. If so, that would be fine with me. I only use the locals for news and a few nightly shows but my wife MUST have her soaps, the good thing is that she does not care about HD. It is not getting my movies and other channels in HD that is really upsetting me. It sounds like Dish is actually giving me what I want they just were not explaining it in a way I could understand.

You can do exactly hat... Any tech in your area should be ok with setting that up to without a "move". I guessed your locals to be on 110 in SD though, so go back to the main one of this Dish forum, and click on "the List" at the top and go to locals, find your DMA and it will tell you what satellites they come from. I would, but it slows my cell down and I don't have my computer handy. Maybe someone can post the link for he list as well...

No problem, I can check it myself. Thanks for all your help, you have made me much happier knowing I can stay with Dish and still get my programming.

Oh well, my DMA is on 129. Still though I can live with occasionally losing the locals as long as everything else works. Not a ideal solution but better than going to Comcast. Who knows, perhaps my DMA will get moved onto the EA before long. Again, thanks to everyone who chimed in to help me.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, I am covered by two spot beams. One is Harrisonburg VA and the other is Richmond VA. I even fall well under Washington DC. Harrisonburg is 35 miles away, Richmond is 65 and DC is about 95. My zip code is 22923 even though that is in another county. I have been told by numerous Dish reps that they will not move me without a tech verifying my new address.
The solution is really simple. A tech needs to reinstall your dish for the Eastern Arc, when they call in, the tech will tell them the dish was moved... to Harrisonburg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts