Not happy, being forced to leave Dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Simpler solution, as alluded to before....get quotes to top off the tree(s). I had on offender totally taken down last year.

I had the same problem a number of years ago--lots of trees that grew to make WA completely unreliable. I called, explained the problem and they sent a tech out to install EA at NO CHARGE. I was lucky though that my locals switched to EA shortly thereafter and in the meantime I was for able to receive them OTA. I would think they should switch you without charge as well. They installed a system that doesn't provide you with what you're paying for. I'd mention having a chat with my attorney general if they insist on charging you. That's just not right.
BTW, I like to abide by the rules as well but I would "move" after the switch and feel totally justified in doing so. Would you have signed up if you knew you wouldn't receive your locals? You're paying to have those networks as well.
Just my .02. Hope they end up treating you right!

Ed

Simpler solution, as alluded to before....get quotes to top off the tree(s). I had on offender totally taken down last year.
That wouldn't have been simpler for me. It would have cost a fortune and ruined my living environment. I've got a number of huge old oak trees.

Ed

Is it just height that is causing the issue? Get a tower that goes up higher to put the dish on. I'm assuming you live in the country side enough that would be feasible.

Charlottesville SD, and that is all that is available there, is on 129 only. A 'move' to, let's say Harrisonburg, will offer HD locals on 61.5. If you don't want to play the game and 'move' you might just as well say goodbye to Dish. It really isn't their fault that you lost line of site to 129.

Here is where I stand. Doing anything to the trees is not an option as they are not mine. Even if I wanted to pursue that option, they are on the Interstate Gas Pipeline right of way and trying to get permission from a out of state company is much more trouble than it is worth.
I have a Tech scheduled to come out and do the following:
Install a EA dish pointing at 61.5 and 72.7 to provide my HD and SD Dish programming.
Relocate my existing WA dish to fix the LOS to 129 for my SD Charlottesville locals. This is only a option when combined with the EA dish as the location required to see 129 blocks the other birds.
Install any equipment required to feed both dishes into my existing system.
While they are not willing to wave the visit fee, it is only $10 so I am not sweating that.
I think this all could have been solved if the Dish personnel I have been dealing with were better able to explain themselves.
I "think" this is what they were offering all along they just could not explain it in a manner I could understand.
Thanks to the people on here who not only had the knowledge to tell me how to fix the issue, they had the patience to put up with me and explain things in a manner even I could understand.
Bottom line, for $10 I "should" be back to getting all my programming in the format I am paying for and DO NOT have to move to Comcast.

I'm happy that you are getting a good outcome, and cheaply at that. That said, remember you can easily get locals (Harrisonburg) in HD by simply 'moving.' It's a simple process as has been mentioned here already.

Now, you're losing me. If they can relocate the WA dish to get 129, why do you need the EA? I thought that was the whole problem to begin with, inability to locate the WA dish for 129 (as per your first post).

The one location that can see 129 is in such a position that the other WA birds are blocked. All other locations can see the other birds but lose 129. The issue is there is no place to see all them. Even in it's relocated position, the signal is marginal to where it won't lock on the HD signals, only the SD ones. At least, this is what the tech told me and why he recommended the EA solution.

If he changes his address but receives his bill in the mail the bill would be sent to the new service address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No the bill goes to the billing address.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Here is where I stand. Doing anything to the trees is not an option as they are not mine. Even if I wanted to pursue that option, they are on the Interstate Gas Pipeline right of way and trying to get permission from a out of state company is much more trouble than it is worth.
I have a Tech scheduled to come out and do the following:
Install a EA dish pointing at 61.5 and 72.7 to provide my HD and SD Dish programming.
Relocate my existing WA dish to fix the LOS to 129 for my SD Charlottesville locals. This is only a option when combined with the EA dish as the location required to see 129 blocks the other birds.
Install any equipment required to feed both dishes into my existing system.
While they are not willing to wave the visit fee, it is only $10 so I am not sweating that.
I think this all could have been solved if the Dish personnel I have been dealing with were better able to explain themselves.
I "think" this is what they were offering all along they just could not explain it in a manner I could understand.
Thanks to the people on here who not only had the knowledge to tell me how to fix the issue, they had the patience to put up with me and explain things in a manner even I could understand.
Bottom line, for $10 I "should" be back to getting all my programming in the format I am paying for and DO NOT have to move to Comcast.

Not to sound negative, but just by reading this and seeing what needs to be done, and considering how crappy dish pays their technicians on these types of trouble calls, I bet the installer shows up, finds an excuse and does nothing.

I'm not trying to bash dish at all. I don't think it's possible to correctly write a work order to properly reflect what needs to be done.

Sounds simple to me, but it's not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)