Not having the MLB Network probably isn't hurting Dish much

Are MSG and Yes the only RSN's missing from Dish? If true, seems odd that the only two missing are from NY. Must be Charlie doesn't know how to deal with the NY way of doing business, ie, "Pay Up!" "Um, how much is the Yes Network?" "Um, how much you got?"

Dish has MSG...there is a disagreement about MSG HD.

RSN's Dish does not carry and Directv does
YES
Mtn (The Mountain)

Dish has MSG...there is a disagreement about MSG HD.

RSN's Dish does not carry and Directv does
YES
Mtn (The Mountain)

The MSG Disagreement really evolves from the dumping of VOOM. Maybe someday Dish will get the HD version. MSG and the Dolans are a real PIA to deal for sure. Even the Buffalo Sabres didn't get all their games broadcast in HD last year.

Truthfully, I could live without the YES but won't without the MSG-HD-Buffalo Version. In the meantime, TWC game me a sweet deal where I get both and just have to live with their dvr, which has gotten better in the last month with a new software update.

Yeah, I want MLB TV HD but Charlie won't carry it. But that doesn't mean I'll go with DTV. (prices are to high over there)

Heal that broken pinkie finger soon Andre, LA needs you.

I'm switching to Direct this week. Been a Dish customer since 1992. Time for a change. Tired of my Bay Area RSN HD circus and I'm tired of Charlie telling me what I like. I want sports and Dish has made it very clear that MLB is not going to happen... ever. I could care less of VOD or all the HD movies I can rent. Going to be a learning curve but it is what it is. Going to be a little extra after the 1 year rebates but its small compared to being able to finally watch sports. MSG, YES ,and CSNBA in HD all the time hear I come. : )

Well, lets face it D* subscriber addtions are falling fast.
E* addtions are rising fast.

My guess sports isn't enough anymore for D* to cover themselves for not having any movies or HD.

More then Half of D* 130 HD channel counts are PPV and RSN's.
Sorry thats nothing to bragg about.

But the future looks bright for D* , I can't wait to see how D* handles it.
30 HD channels addtions is a start, but still some bad choices in that list IMO.

Right now E* HD line up BLOWS UP D*.

I'm switching to Direct this week. Been a Dish customer since 1992. Time for a change. Tired of my Bay Area RSN HD circus and I'm tired of Charlie telling me what I like. I want sports and Dish has made it very clear that MLB is not going to happen... ever. I could care less of VOD or all the HD movies I can rent. Going to be a learning curve but it is what it is. Going to be a little extra after the 1 year rebates but its small compared to being able to finally watch sports. MSG, YES ,and CSNBA in HD all the time hear I come. : )

Just got the bad news. Direct TV can not be installed at my house do to my Redwood Trees and the signal strenght. Oh well. Guess it wasn't ment to be.

Well, lets face it D* subscriber addtions are falling fast.
E* addtions are rising fast.

My guess sports isn't enough anymore for D* to cover themselves for not having any movies or HD.

More then Half of D* 130 HD channel counts are PPV and RSN's.
Sorry thats nothing to bragg about.

But the future looks bright for D* , I can't wait to see how D* handles it.
30 HD channels addtions is a start, but still some bad choices in that list IMO.

Right now E* HD line up BLOWS UP D*.

DISH can KEEP their bogus 40 VOD that nobody can get to inflate their count HD.

They still have better HD choices (sans premium sports packages) than DirecTV.

And that is up to the subscriber. I also prefer my HD choices in full resolution and at a higher bitrate for picture quality reasons. I don't mean anything ill toward Dish because I do believe they have a good HD lineup, but that isn't the only factor to consider.

I cancelled Dish last Oct. after 5 yrs. One reason was, as a sports fan, I was tired of part time RSN's and not knowing if game would be in HD. My local Social Club had cable and I was impressed w/fulltime sports offerings including MLBnet. I went w/them. I recently went w/Directv. I'll probably cancel cable since I'm not under contract and 'D' has same sports programing. But I sure miss my VIP211's-blows away anything Cable/Directv has! Paul

I'm actually liking my HR24 receivers as well as I did my 722k. The media server and the mrv features are nice. Speed isn't really an issue on these either. Plus, I love the interactive features that let me see sports scores. Cable receivers on the other hand... Those Motorola boxes are too basic. I only miss firewire recording to a pc.